Notices

Day Eighteen

Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Day Eighteen

It's amazing to me that in 10 minutes, I will have 18 days sober. I just counted the days a little while ago and felt a smile. Not a tremendous amount of days, but my body is thanking me. Slowly but surely, the ravages of alcohol are beginning to show signs of improvement. My stomach issues which prompted this renewed decision to quit drinking have improved 300%. My sleep patterns have improved that I am catatonic until the alarm goes off in the morning. And then there are no morning fuzzies or headaches.

But with all this improvement, the whispers still come occasionally in the early evening and beckon me to have just a little tip to take the edge off of the day. It happened tonight. Incredible. It just shows once again how powerful this addiction is to me. Fortunately, my resolve just keeps getting stronger each day and it becomes much easier to ward off the urge. I know from past experience, those desires to drink can be subtle as they are now, only in a few weeks return with the vengeance of a scorned lover. Tonight, when the urge came, I donned my helmet, locked the cleats in the pedals, and went for a bike ride. Returned home after about 45 minutes with not even a trace of wanting a drink (except for the water in my bottle.) So day 17 ends in success and day 18 will be another under my belt. I certainly appreciate all the encouragement and help from you all here at SR.

Tomorrow, if the whistle blows, I think I'll just plug my ears again.

Peace—
Pádraic
Old 03-03-2011, 10:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Pádraic

D
Old 03-04-2011, 12:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good thinking about takeing a ride
instead of a drink....Well done....