Notices

Newbie!

Old 03-06-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Me too Lindsay!!! I'm so happy that you and I have found strength here. Yesterday morning, I broke down and told my best friend as well, who I happen to live down the hall from, and he was very supportive of me. Just telling him has given me strength thus far not to fall back into it. I know it's only day 2 but day 2 is looking pretty good right now!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear that Erin. Its good you have been able to talk to a friend I am still pretty sick. But Im not drunk. Huh. I'm glad you are having a good day.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good evening all.

My name is Dan I have reading through some of the posts through here ad it has given me encouragement to drop a line and say hello. I have been noticing for a while that when I m out at the bar I have been trying to tell myself to regulate how much I drink. Say set a limit of 3 or 4. Of course that never turns out to be case because after the 3rd or 4th one I want more. Just recently I have had a bell go off in my head that I do not have control of myself anymore. Im would be out and come home just blithering sad and emotional and end up making a complete idiot out of myself when I was out in public or at home. Just recently it has gotten to where it scares me. I would always avoid the ones being like that out in public or at the bar but now find myself starting to do the same things. 4 years ago I wasn't like this and today I looked in the mirror as I was hung over and feeling like crap but had those "self talks" telling myself. "Look at yourself. You can't hardly function, when did you become this completely different person. Not the one used to be and people enjoyed being around you."

Recently I have been having thoughts and dreams and sometimes thinking, "Did I really do that? Did I do or talk to someone drunk and have this be mention that I don't remember it?" This kind of has me thinking that its time to step back and evaluate myself. I don't know if Im ready for AA yet. Just might be pride telling me that. I hope what I said makes sense and glad to see that Im not alone.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 03-06-2011, 08:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome....
Old 03-06-2011, 08:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Pinhead - hope you start a new thread in the Newcomers section - that way you'll get a lot more support. Glad you're here!:ghug3
Old 03-07-2011, 01:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you Carol and Artsoul. Im still trying to get familiar with the site and be able to navigate well. Im just glad I found it.