Notices

I am hurting

Old 03-04-2011, 10:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Air conditioner??!! I want to be where you are. Theres like 4 ft of snow in my yard.
Well B, Not what I thought you were going to do. I hope that hangover sux really bad. Sry, But your better than that.
Shame on your "friends" for encouraging that.
i hope you learned something.
Now get back on track and get through this the right way.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hehehe hangover serves you right

Hangovers are god's way of reminding us that drinking is a stupid thing for alkies to do under any circumstances. We keep forgetting, don't we? It's like we hold polar opposite views of booze at the same time. What's that Homer Simpson quote? "here's to alcohol: the source of - and answer to - all of life's problems!"

Drink lots of water today and eat some clean food, not junk.

Don't sweat it, just take the lesson to heart and move forward. Stay sober today.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This thread serves as a great example of why we shouldn't drink.

I imagine reading your 'Sent' messages on your phone was painful today? Haha

Take care.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
People I worked with knew I was in recovery - trying to quit usin. The real friends never asked me to go out and hang out when they knew drugs or liquor would be there. A biker friend even went so far as to serve iced tea for a bbq one day and no liquor was ever brought out. That's what real friends do. He wanted me to succeed.

I had to decline the ones that would place me in those bad situations, or stop the friendships all together.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

back on track, cant blame my friends they dont know I am alcoholic. I just moved into a new complex and they are people I met while singing, just happened to move next door. they dont really know me yet. Its my fault for going out when I knew I shouldnt. I felt forced in a way cause they were waiting for me to get out of work so I wouldnt have to walk home alone. stopping for drinks was an after thought and I didnt want to tell them no. I suppose I should have just ordered a soda. where I use to live everyone knew I was an alkie. no one knows that about me here and I like not having that label so I dont say anything. I guess that isnt good
Old 03-04-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
I moved to a new apt. complex 4 months ago. Everyone here - including my landlord - knows I am in recovery. Not only do I not have to lie, but it helps me hold some accountability. I don't hide my recovery though. I am one of those that sports the patches on my vest, tattoos with service symbols in them, jewelry, stickers on my bike and helmet and decals on my car.

I can VERY honestly say I have never had a bad word in my direction. It's opened doors for me to help others.

Anonymity is a very personal decision, however. My own anonymity is not an issue, but I respect those that prefer to keep theirs.