Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Oh my god i never thought the hallucinations would be so real!!!

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so i put myself in rehab to detox at laurelwood in willoughby ohio.I had to do a bit of social engineering to get in...i intentially told them i was going to kill myself to get in.it worked except for the fact that i went to jail that night for disorderly conduct...got jumped in jail....and again at the hospital...i never did 1 night in jail until i tried to get help...ne ways i did detox off of xanax/alcohol 15 days sober.....what supprised be was the ammpunt of times that others have been there...13 times? 20 times/ 9 times? ...crazy!!! It was a duel diagnosis unit since i have genaralized anxiety disorder.
I do not recomend trying to detox without help...i had hallucinations to the point that i had to be restrained...i thought i was on a plane and that it was being hi-jacked....in order to save the plane i had to get to the cabin of the plane so i could get ahold of the safety officials to thwart the hijacking....so when the door opened i leaped through the door... bowled through one of the hijackers and made my way to freedom...
In reality i was at rehab...i sat near the doorand when a stna opened the door of the wing i was on i ran through her like a running back...knocked over the cart she was pushing...and got tackled by about 5 people....one nurse went a bit overboard and kept hitting me in the head...he wouldn't stop. I'm trying to explain it and i can't...just trust me. DO NOT TRY TO DETOX YOURSELF!!! I've done acid before and it was comparable to tripping?!?!
I never thought it would be like that...so i'm out with 15 days sober today and still want a drink....wtf is wrong with me...really the only thing i learned was how to manipulate people easier.....i can use the angle that i have a "disease" to gey a few more yrs without much complaints from my wife....whoa is me...i have a disease....and to be honest it was a good treatment center. I can't blame them. I am beyond help.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mesh, I know I shouldn't have, but that story made me roll. I could just see you tripping balls, lol. See what drugs do? Keep on keeping on man, just take it a day at a time, I'm glad you got into a rehab, I'll pray for you.

I've been in hospitals where they tied my drunk ass down and forced a cathatar down me when I was awake! They dispised me at the hospital because I came in almost every other week, drunk angry and full of **** and vinegar. **** Booze and drugs.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mesh12121 View Post
I am beyond help.
No, you are not, Mesh.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back mesh

sounds like you still have some thinking to do tho...that whole manipulation things and using the disease concept to get a few more years out your wife - that's your addiction mesh - you might not have a few more years if you listen to that.

You're not beyond help - don't listen to that voice.
Find help - try anything and everything that will be good for your recovery.

You're at the crossroads mesh - take the right path.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you had to go through that. It must have been really scary.

You are definitely not beyond help. There is always hope.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well...you're here looking for something so --that's a good thing!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I do feel good though right now...picked up a job just to get something to do...i have a strong work ethic...but a few things have to be placed on hold while i adjust to this new life....i'm thinking strongly about just emerging my life into work...i've done that b4 but the stress leads to drinking...i almost went into a meeting tonite but i kinda feel wierd about going myself?! I dunno? One thing that suprised me is the support i have...they want me to succeed...even my mother-in-law. go figure?!?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mesh12121 View Post
I am beyond help.
The only way any human being can be beyond help is if they are dead.

You sick and tired of being sick and tired yet? Ready to do whatever it takes to lead a clean and sober life? Ready to take responsibility for your choices? Ready to help yourself? Cool.

Wakey wakey!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your job.

Employment is great mesh - but it's not recovery.

You almost went to a meeting? so you know you need something...don't let your fear make you drag your heels mesh.

Today could be the first day of your life...if you want it to be

D
Old 03-02-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you're alive, Mesh.

That stage of withdrawal sounds like you should feel the same way.

I was in your shoes: Ten days in a psych ward about a week after stopping Klonopin and booze after a 10-year run. Add seizures to the trips and you might get the picture.

You have a job? Be grateful. A wife? Wow...some of us lost everything to benzos and booze.

You've walked through the doors of AA and you were grated warmly? Amazing. You felt weird. You still think about drinking.

Walk through those doors one more time and ask for help. It might save your marriage, job and that little thing called life.

That support you felt at the meeting is called a concept of spirituality; they'll be a phone call away to give you the help you need.

Just reach out.