Notices

is anyone in the uk like me? hooked on speed!

Old 02-28-2011, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

is anyone in the uk like me? hooked on speed!

Hi,

ive been adddicted to various stimulants for around 8 years. for the last 2 years its been amphetimine....mainly because its easy to hide taking and only starts to show from time to time (usually if ive had no sleep or food for longer than 24 hours)
Ive stopped for a couple of weeks here and there but always end up using something to enhance my mood. I feel like im searching for something or someone that will make me see sense. i cant talk to anymore doctors/councilors that have only ever read about the effects/withdrawels.
I appreciate the job they do but as much as i try and can never be completely honest to someone who is paid to listen.
ive read alot of forums of people describing the exact same thing im going through but its all dated back to 2006 or before. Im curious to know if these people ever did recover but ive yet to find a success story.
Ive also never read a post from anyone in the uk. I know im not the only one but it feels like it alot.

Is there anyone going through the same as me? up to 3-4 ounce a week of speed (amphetimine) please get in touch..
Old 02-28-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hey, not from the UK and my DOC is alcohol, but I wanted to welcome you to SR. Hello!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi realme
Not from the UK either but welcome

You may also like to check out our substance abuse forum
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 02-28-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello mate,
I'm in the UK although booze is my problem these days.

I did a lot of powder when I was younger but somehow wandered away from it as I left the pub scene behind. It seems to be a common factor amongst my mates, those who no longer do the band scene, no longer do much powder.

I have no doubts that recovery is possible for you. For everyone in fact, but you know - even if the medical professionals are indeed being paid to listen, they wanted to get into the profession in the first place - to help people.

Give them another chance mate, there are bound to be some good 'uns out there.

...and, if you're really stuck, we're here to listen as well