Notices

Something interesting I am noticing in recovery

Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something interesting I am noticing in recovery

I am noticing that in recovery we are being taught a lot of the things we learned as children, or in some cases should have. My daughter watches sprout on demand and ALL of the shows (cartoons) all are decent these days, not like the silly cartoons when I was a kid.

Thay all have a plot and a lesson. The lessons of being honest, helping others, being yourself, forgiveness, etc. etc.

I wonder what let us drift so far (or myself I can reall yonly speak for) so far from these basic principles my daughter is learning from pre-k cartoon shows?

Just something I thought was interesting.

<3 best
Old 02-28-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by bestofme View Post

They all have a plot and a lesson. The lessons of being honest, helping others, being yourself, forgiveness, etc. etc.
The same lessons came from the Torah, the New Testament, the Koran and just about every book of "religious teachings" available....and they've been around 1000's of years......which means these aren't "new" problems.

Some might suggest that we've gotten away from these basic lessons because we're all basically a little selfish, self-centered, immature materialistic, full of false pride and a hyper-active ego, and because we've been buying in (as a culture) into the metric ton of "marketing" out there that tells us to be "ok" we need to get more stuff for ourselves.