Notices

Heres to a brand new beginning.......

Old 02-28-2011, 03:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Heres to a brand new beginning.......

Well, thank you to all of you, and your awesome support and great advice. I did tell my husband last night, and my god what a relief.... I was sooo wrong, he was so caring and understanding. My biggest fear was him being disappointed in me, but it was the complete opposite. I feel as the biggest burden has been lifted off my shoulders, and it feels great. Now it will be easier, I wont have to suffer alone inside, I can now talk to my husband. Besides admitting to myself I had a problem, telling my husband was the hardest thing I had to do.
Thank you all for your advice to tell him, you were all right about it, I will never, ever forget you all for giving it to me, it has helped change my life....for the better.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Good news!

Now that THAT hurdle is out of the way, maybe you want to consider availing yourself of NA meetings, too. It can be very helpful to have the support of others who understand exactly what you are going through.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I struugle with telling my signifcant other the truth about my past actions. Is brutal honesty neccessary all the time ?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So glad to see your update Sis. I told my spouse as well when I first tried to get sober and when I picked up from a relapse. I know how hard it is but it was so freeing and empowering to finally address this thing and to make my recovery first. Well done Sis!!!

u712 - Not sure how you mean past actions but if you feel that any piece of your past is important to your relationship and to who you are now then sharing with a SO makes sense. Other things that are not relevant then what is the point ya know? Completely up to you and how past actions come into play into your relationship and recovery. All the best!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that you have your husband's support.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by u71272 View Post
I struugle with telling my signifcant other the truth about my past actions. Is brutal honesty neccessary all the time ?
welcome u71272

Only you can make that call for your own relationship, but in my relationship it is

I think, unless being honest puts you in some kind of danger, keeping secrets is an added burden we don't need.

D
Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by u71272 View Post
Truth is a must in our house....no matter what it is, the truth is so very important in any relationship with anyone specail. Without truth, be it present or past, trust is difficult in my opinion. I go on the premise that there be no secrets and always truth.

Good luck in your decision.