SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Putting out a challenge (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/220997-putting-out-challenge.html)

ViciousCycle 03-13-2011 08:04 AM

Happy Birthday Dave and nice job staying strong for that, you should be proud of yourself.

I know the feeling of "missing out" all too well, Sez. That one can run strong in me at times......thankfully it passes.

You're pushing 3 weeks Wander!!!!!! Woot!

Scap, Smudg, Kip and all the rest, how is the weekend going for you?

Smudg3r 03-13-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle (Post 2896586)
Scap, Smudg, Kip and all the rest, how is the weekend going for you?

Thanks for asking :)

Day 15 - but a 'proper' two weeks Sunday to Sunday.

Today is the first day that I haven't thought about alcohol at all - except for now ;) lol

Now, I'm typing this, I realise what a significant step this is. Usually on a Sunday, I'd be watching the clock to make sure I got to Tesco before the 4pm shut-down. Wow!

Sorting out the accounts this morning and hanging curtains this afternoon means I have a very happy wife :)

Good to know that you guys are keeping the challenge alive. Really, this thread is so helpful!!!

:c011: :You_Rock_

jerseytomato 03-13-2011 03:50 PM

Hi all! Day 17 here. Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days but it turns out it was a good thing. I've been keeping myself busy and the clock change has me so positive. I didn't realize how a little extra sunlight can make me feel sooo much better. I was so sick of winter as it was coooold and we got our fair share of snow. Forgive me but I have to go back and catch up with everyone's posts. I just wanted to check in and say hi.

Oh, I've decided that I'm going to start a garden. I feel so motivated to do it! That is HUGE for me because in the past few months I've had zero motivation to do much of anything. Anyway, I've never done it before but it seems like a great thing for my girls to do with me this spring and summer (they are 6 and 4). I've researched the easiest vegetables to garden and I'm going to plant those.

Happy Spring (soon!) everyone.

wander2 03-14-2011 04:08 AM

Day 19,

Made it thru the weekend without too much trouble. I guess I am lucky to have a wonderful family, and a wife that really doesn't drink. We have been having movie nights and icecream passing the time and it seems to be getting easier. I have a work trip coming up this Thursday (which are always drinking fests), I am glad by then I will be beyond 3 weeks and in site of a month, that should help me thru.

well have a good one all, and stay sober.

ViciousCycle 03-14-2011 06:21 AM

Nice job everyone! Today is 3 weeks for me! You are almost there too, Wander!

Scap, Smudg, Kip, Lookin, Jersey, Sez, Stimmed, keep up the great work!

:grouphug:

lookinforward 03-14-2011 07:46 AM

Good Morning All. Had one of those "Murphy's Law" Days yesterday. The little things help keep the mind in line and I am grateful for everyones support on here. It is really making a difference in my journey. 1 week today
Jersey- I tilled my garden yesterday. It definitely is a stress reliever and is fun to do with the kids.
Wander- Movie night is a great Idea and I will have to put that on the list. Ice cream sounds pretty good too. All the time.
Scap, Smudg, Kip, VC, Jersey, Sez, Stimmed,Wander...... Once again Thanks for being there. Day by Day Dave

Chris2011 03-14-2011 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by lookinforward (Post 2897587)
Good Morning All. Had one of those "Murphy's Law" Days yesterday. The little things help keep the mind in line and I am grateful for everyones support on here. It is really making a difference in my journey. 1 week today
Jersey- I tilled my garden yesterday. It definitely is a stress reliever and is fun to do with the kids.
Wander- Movie night is a great Idea and I will have to put that on the list. Ice cream sounds pretty good too. All the time.
Scap, Smudg, Kip, VC, Jersey, Sez, Stimmed,Wander...... Once again Thanks for being there. Day by Day Dave

You are doing great Dave...keep it up! I need to till my garden as well!:c031:

wander2 03-15-2011 05:55 AM

Day 20, Feeling great, still have dreams of drinking, but thinking of it less and less during my waking hours. I would join you all in gardening but I HATE gardening. My dad had a huge garden when I was a kid, and I was his slave labor. Good luck with all of yours tho.

I still find it amazing that so many on this thread are doin g so well. I look at my success rate in the past,(which seems to match the rate of most on this site) and the people here are blowing that away. We are obviously a committed group.

Well good luck today all, and as always STAY SOBER!!!

Sara1956 03-15-2011 06:00 AM

Day four and looking forward to day seven......

sezegg 03-15-2011 06:37 AM

everyones doing great! 16 days for me, its bloody tough but the best thing at the moment for me is bed time. I used to try to fall asleep for ages with no luck, now im going to bed at a regular time and im even waking up before 10am! I would normally roll out of bed at 2pm lol

Im still feeling a bit down and im not sure why, im on antidepressants 60mg and wonder if they need upping. Its a weird feeling like ive got 2 new games to play on my xbox and i just cant be bothered to play on it. I wonder if im still living my life like an alcoholic but without the alcohol?

ViciousCycle 03-15-2011 06:56 AM

Morning everyone..........day 22 here.........slept like a rock again, I could get used to this!

Glad to see you guys doing so well.........keep up the good work......gotta run!

Have a stress free day.

lookinforward 03-15-2011 07:18 AM

Good morning All. Still here and doing pretty good. Wander you are right. I truly feel that finding SR was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I have tried to quit so many times (alone) that I cant even count. Having the support of all of you is saving my life day by day. I feel a strength in this commitment that I have never felt in my previous attempts. I think it is because I know that I am not alone.
Here it is ok for me to admit that I am an alcoholic and I cannot drink and I will not drink. Saying this makes me feel strong. It reminds me of who I am and where I want to go. It also reminds me where I do not want to go again. If I thank you guys everyday....please forgive. I am just so grateful for your support and acceptance for who I am. Have a wonderful sober tuesday. day by day Dave

Dee74 03-15-2011 01:53 PM

glad you're here Dave :)

lack of motivation and even a little depression are pretty common in early recovery sezegg.

See your doctor if it's causing you problems or worrying you tho?

D

wander2 03-16-2011 04:45 AM

Day 21, slept great. Sleeping has been getting better almost every day. I am definitely in the groove now. I think I am over the first hump, many more to come.

Good luck all

ViciousCycle 03-16-2011 06:00 AM

I hear ya on the sleep, Wander. It seems like I am tired a lot though.....

Hey we are honing in on 30 days!!!!!!!!! Now that is a nice milestone!

Great job everyone.............gotta run!

lookinforward 03-16-2011 06:15 AM

Checking in. Great job everyone.
Have a great day.

wander2 03-17-2011 03:46 AM

Day 22 here, Feeling great. going away for a long weekend today,where there will be a lot of drinking. I am planning on telling everyone that I gave up drinking for Lent. should help to avoid questions. At least after the first, "Can I get you a drink". I plan on making easy.

we'll see how easy I guess.

Good luck all. Stay sober.

sezegg 03-17-2011 05:33 AM

Good luck Wander I hope this weekend goes well x

Im doing good, I got paid on wednesday and my usual plan would be to stock up on booze, I didnt though, I dont seem to be missing it at the moment. Ive given my cash card to my parents as i dont want any temptation while its early on, so ive written a big shopping list and my mum is coming to tesco with me tonight to help me out.

ViciousCycle 03-17-2011 05:46 AM

Great idea about Lent Wander. That should do the trick for this round.

Get lots of good stuff Sez, you deserve it!

24 days...........pushing toward the big 30...........

Have a good day today all!

lookinforward 03-17-2011 08:46 AM

Good day all. Wander I have already used that a couple of times just because I don' feel the need to tell certain people what I have going on in my life. It works!!!For some reason.... No one gives it a second thought if it is for lent. As long as you are true to yourself in the end... that is all that matters. Have a wonderful weekend. I am making lent a year round event for me.(not to offend anyone's beliefs)
Wonder, sezegg, VC, and the rest of the challengers... keep on keepin on!
day by day
Dave