SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Putting out a challenge (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/220997-putting-out-challenge.html)

RainyDayWoman1 03-01-2011 03:41 AM

Thanks jerseytomato! (I`m in NJ - did I grow you? LOL!)
I watch House too!

Ugh, spoke too soon - sudden nausea - note to self - do not take meds/vitamins on empty stomach!

wander2 03-01-2011 08:19 PM

another day down.. Not as hard today. Was so busy I was better able to keep my mind off of it. Looking forward to tomorrow at 6:00 PM that marks a whole week. Might not seem like much but its a lot to me.

well good night all.

jerseytomato 03-02-2011 03:02 AM

Yay wander! Morning all. Day 6 for me today. Yesterday wasn't as bad as the day before. I'm still not getting a full, uninterrupted sleep. Anyone know how long that lasts?

LaFemme 03-02-2011 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Supercrew (Post 2881875)
Sorry about that LaFemme...I took the wrong turn in Albuquerque!:0

Damn, I will never catch up!!:)

I sure hope you never catch up since the only way you can do that is if I slip:)

Jersey...the sleep thing varies from person to person...I've seen a few days to a couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work guys!

JoeStrummer 03-02-2011 04:05 AM

Today is day 12 without alcohol for me, but since I smoked a j Monday night I'm counting this as day 2 sober. Still can't sleep more than 6 hours but still feel much better waking up after 5 or 6 hours' sober sleep than I did after drinking 2 bottles of wine and sleeping 9 hours. And I'm a much nicer person during the day when I'm not hung over and craving my first drink of the day.

ste 03-02-2011 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Supercrew (Post 2881875)
Sorry about that LaFemme...I took the wrong turn in Albuquerque!:0

Damn, I will never catch up!!:)

Pismo Beach!??

:wtf:

RainyDayWoman1 03-02-2011 04:52 AM

Day 12 here! Feeling good....for some (unexpected) reason I am sleeping really well, and I have NOT during other attempts at this!

Smudg3r 03-02-2011 10:30 AM

A little late to the party...
I started on Sunday 27 Feb so today is my day 4.
I do like a competition tho' ;) Please count me in :D

wander2 03-02-2011 12:29 PM

Love having new people join smudg. as long as you're in your winning.

wander2 03-02-2011 06:53 PM

I have officially made it past 1 week. Feeling good!!!!!!!!!!!!

RainyDayWoman1 03-03-2011 04:24 AM

Day 13 here...Had a major emotional upset yesterday - my BF broke up w/me (not really alcohol related) and usually this would sent me FLYING to the liquor store for vodka, but I didn`t do it this time. Eh, mainly cuz last relapse I found out my tolerance is now very low and I can get wicked hangovers again. I can`t imagine having to deal with this with a pounding headache too! UGH

SSIL75 03-03-2011 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lorraine (Post 2884457)
Day 13 here...Had a major emotional upset yesterday - my BF broke up w/me (not really alcohol related) and usually this would sent me FLYING to the liquor store for vodka, but I didn`t do it this time. Eh, mainly cuz last relapse I found out my tolerance is now very low and I can get wicked hangovers again. I can`t imagine having to deal with this with a pounding headache too! UGH

Sorry to hear that :( If was v. helpful for me to do deliberate things to deal with emotional upset in sobriety. Rather than just 'not drink' and feel grateful for that... to actively do other comforting, healing things helped me to develop those new behaviors that ultimately have become more instinctive for me now (6 mos sober). Hope you have a good day!

wander2 03-03-2011 05:15 AM

Day 8 for me.. Have a test today, we have a celebration at work where alcohol will be supplied. Planning on leaving early to lessen the temptation, and not have to answer the questions of why can't you have one with us.

Good job Laraine. That is a tuff one to make it thru?

Well have a great day everyone.

ViciousCycle 03-03-2011 05:39 AM

I think I could get into this! I am on day 10,(I still can't believe it) have had a few "tests" as you call it, but just told people I was on a fitness challenge and the booze offerings ceased. Stay strong at that work thing, Wander.
:exercise1

Sorry about the BF, Lorraine, did you see it coming? Good for you for taking care of yourself first.

Hi to everyone else......

Smudg3r 03-03-2011 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by wander2 (Post 2884150)
I have officially made it past 1 week. Feeling good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant! :)

Today is my day 5. Feeling surprisingly positive.

I couldn't believe how hard it was to get through day one, I tried repeatedly and failed soooo many times :(

Some curious symptoms though....

*Note to self - Don't eat ice cream it's way too sweet and makes you thirsty!!!!

ViciousCycle 03-03-2011 08:17 AM

Smudg, I was wide awake in bed too.........could not seem to turn my mind off....one night I just stayed awake the whole time........it will pass. I am finally getting some really good sleep. Bizarre dreams though. It will come, give it a few days.

bounce777 03-03-2011 10:25 AM

What The Heck !!!!

Im on day 5.....Im In !!!!

Smudg3r 03-03-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by bounce777 (Post 2884731)
      Im on day 5.....Im In !!!!

boing...boing...boing...

welcome fellow day fiver :)

Dee74 03-03-2011 12:31 PM

way to go you guys :D

D

Stimmed 03-03-2011 12:58 PM

Neat thread, full of positive energy. You really are helping eachother!

:scoregood