Notices

Back : (

Old 02-27-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Thanks for all your supportive responses. I think as I communicated before I do not think I care enough about myself to stop. I have always had high risk behaviour, wreckless and impulsive. I have never learned to look after myself. an extrovert I crave the company and stimulation of others. Classic party animal. I realise I should want to look after myself but dont.

My health problems are auto immune in nature - I take 3 tablets a day but these do not resolve the condition- they are unclear after many many tests what is wrong. I gave up drinking for two months and I felt no better. My irrational thinking is I feel crap anyway so drinking is going to medicate me. I know this is damaging me further
I never looked after myself - there were some self esteem issues in there (even tho I was very proud) and I was reckless too - I also thought what was the point - my health problems are with me for life...

I think I've explained to you before how I'd nearly died from my drinking, Daphne - this was after drinking became my life and I lost everything and everyone I cared about.

It's not a good road to go down, and make no mistake alcoholism is progressive - drink like we do and you will go there.

I'm the healthiest I've ever been now - my problems haven't left me but I feel good mentally and physically and I'm motivated to do whatever it is I need to to live a full and happy life.

It took a while to get here yeah - but I know know I'm worth the effort

It's funny what happens when you stop poisoning yourself

D