Notices

Need Advice

Old 02-26-2011, 10:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi JKF! Welcome...Count me in as one who wishes to have had the courage and wisdom to stop drinking at 16. So many advantages. I do understand the peer pressure. You would think that only happens in teen aged years but believe it or not..still happening today with adults. It sounds like your mom really changed her life for the better. I hope in time you will feel like you can confide in her.

Keep putting your applications out there. One of these days you will get a call! In the meantime..volunteer work is always needed. Try finding a place you would like to work at..get your foot in the door for getting hired. Hang in there. I wish the best for you!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! This is my second day as a member of this site, and I already know it is going to be a great help in my long journey. I wish there was support like this everywhere I went, and not just on the internet. I wish other kids would be able to see their problems as I did so I would have more support! I feel even though the internal conflicts of alcohol are out of my life, the external conflicts in the future are going to impact me due to my friends mistakes, and I wish there was a way to change that, but there isn't. If only it was possible for everybody to see the long term effects of alcohol and drugs and not only the short time pleasure and thrills. Thanks everyone for your support, this site is a blessing!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hugs

:ghug3