Notices

First meeting done

Old 02-26-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That's wonderful !!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wow. Huge grin here. In a way you are pretty fortunate to live in a small town, in all my years of AA, have never met someone in a meeting that I knew beforehand 'outside'.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You guys are incredible people. Thank you. I went to my 2nd meeting at 10:00am this morning. Totally different group of people. The lady from last night that I thought would be there wasnt. We took turns reading in the little book about step 11 and had "sharing time" Once again I was surrounded by people like me. When it got to my share time (the leader said i didnt have to share if I didnt want to) I broke down crying. I was trying to hold it in but couldnt. Everything in the meeting was about prayer and meditation. I cried in front of total strangers and told them I am beyond prayer. Im to pissed off. Im mad that others can have a few drinks and be done but I drink until I black out. Im pissed that a lot of people think I am either a crazy bitch or just wont talk to me. Im hacked off God took my sober mother but left me with an alcoholic father.

Im not the "break down" type...but that felt good.

I hope they aren't freaked out. Every woman there came to me and gave me a hug or their phone number.

If I was drinking now i would have a lot of drunk dialing to do LOL
Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
LOL,

There are times I just LOVE saying, "I told you so."

If I were you, I'd get cracking on those first 164 pages of the BB. That's where ALL you really NEED to know is found.

Glad you had such a great meeting.

You got me! HAHAHA I will read the pages you suggested today. Starting meetings 11 years ago wouldve saved me a lot of heartaches, relationships, dignity and MONEY! I guess its my time though!

Thanks Lex!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whostolethesoul View Post
Hello,

Very nicely done. Im in the same shoes you were before you went. Im thinking of letting my gaurd down and step into the room. I got goose bumps after reading your post. RIght on!

WSTS

Go to a meeting....just go. I wish I had a better more meaningful way to phrase it..but...just go! I really hope you do!