Notices

Day 4 and slipping! Help!

Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hang in there GHW!!! You are doing well... And there's a lot of us out here who know EXACTLY what you are going through. It sucks at first. Hang in there. It gets better. I promise.

Zube
"The BAD news is, I'm an alcoholic...The GOOD news is, I'm an alcoholic"
Old 02-24-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Zube - Thank you for the encouragement! I feel much stronger today, like I can make it through!! I thank everybody here for their help!!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Kim...I wAs warned to expect a "rollercoaster" and from previous quits (obviously not ones that lasted a long long time) I remember this...angry days, needy days, happy and wonderful days, then angry or needy again.

Difference was, I wasn't blunting all my feelings with alcohol...took a while to learn before, is taking a while to learn now but it feels good!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

In general

Day 4 is tomorrow for me. I was talking to my friend on day 1 and I explained to her that day 4 or 5 are tough - because it IS the day you feel better, it is the day you begin to make compromises - day 4 for me (over the past 15 yers has always been thurs or fri OF EVERY WEEK. But, today is day 3 and that what I need to think about, right? I dont want to drink.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Stevie1 - Believe it or not, some of the hardest days for me are those when I'm feeling happy and want to "celebrate". The day after I ALWAYS regret it! Got to find new ways of celebrating good days!

whostolethesoul - You can do it!!! If I made it through day 4, you can too! Think of how happy you will be with yourself that you didn't give into miserable behavior on Friday or Saturday night and that you can come back here on Monday with good news! Stay close to the boards!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You have done the right thing by coming here first. I slowly stopped posting here before my last relapse. I can't say it was hell, because really, it wasn't, but I damn sure felt stupid afterwards, and it wasn't exactly all I made it out to be, either. How much do you enjoy being drunk? How much do you enjoy what you feel after the drunk is over? Is it worth it?
Old 02-24-2011, 03:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you GHW.

Im gonna keep it here for now. A bit apprehensive about AA. Have a few close friends heading there daily, but dont know if its for me. I will give this board a go, I believe it has helped me right now...even with just reading and posting this and 1 other thread.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too whostolethesoul

D
Old 02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Stevie1 - P.S. Those days ARE good days BECAUSE I'm NOT drinking! If I went back to drinking, those good days would once again DISAPPEAR!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Onewithwings - After the drunk is over I always regret it! It's a big letdown because like you said, "it wasn't exactly all I made it out to be". I think I'm going to have "so much fun", but all I do is sit there and drink. Letting my life revolve around "when can I drink again?" is also a terrible thing.

whostolethesoul - You're welcome! I've received so much help here and I've only been here a few days! The people in this community are great and so helpful! I think it's great if you try AA! You won't know if it's for you unless you try it! I just bought a little book called "24 Hours a Day" and it has a little "thought for the day", prayer and meditation for each day based on AA principles, and I'm really liking it!