Notices

feel crappy

Old 02-22-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feel crappy

I am 32 days sober today and I feel like I am going through mild withdrawls again. I've felt this way two or three times since my initial withdrawl. I feel like this isn't normal, I don't know if it is but I definitely feel like a freak. How many times will this happen? Does anyone else experience this? I'm shaking like crazy. Just cant relax and just plain don't feel well. I was trying to read a couple of posts and they aren't making sense to me. It has to be me because other people seem to be reading just fine and it is more than one post. I hate feeling like this.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Tigger you and I are on the same number of days. I have cravings like you would not believe! When I feel them coming on I immediately change what I'm doing and try as hard as I can to think of something else. My most instese craving has lasted a couple of hours where it was almost like an obsession. No matter what I did to try to change my thought process or what I was doing at the time it was right there!

They do pass. You just have to hang in there. Everytime I beat the craving I feel like I'm winning and it does lift my spirits.

As far as not being able to relax or not feeling well. The flu is at epidemic ratings right now are you sure your not coming down with something? Or are you positive it's the cravings?

There's no telling how long or how many times you may go through these cravings the most important is to remember they will subisde. Just do what you can do to ride them out.

Best of luck and great job on your 32 days
Old 02-22-2011, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I am feeling a little better than I was. I'm sure it's not the flu. I thought I was possibly getting sick last time this happened. I almost went to the hospital, I felt that bad but it passed. This feels exactly the same. It comes on out of no where, lasts a couple of hours, then passes. But the couple of hours are miserable.
Congratulations on your 32 days.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tigger have you read up on PAWS? Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tigger

I'm no doctor - there may be any number of reasons why you're feeling this way

If you're worried or concerned maybe a trip to the Dr might be a good way of at least setting your mind at ease.

I usually give this link out when PAWs is mentioned tho - all I suggest is you take a read and see if any of it sounds familiar or applicable to you

PAWS « Digital Dharma

Hope you feel better soon
D
Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hang in there and it will get better.

I had so much anxiety when I stopped drinking that I was in a fog for quite awhile, and I had a hard time concentrating too.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I had a lot of weird symptoms off and on for months after I quit drinking. As Dee suggested, if you're really worried, go to the doctor. Chances are, though, it's just your body readjusting. It can take quite awhile before you start feeling "normal".
Old 02-22-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

TiggerTym! LOVE your name! I went through this, yes. Hit me again right at 60 days & then again close to 90. It was intense. As suggested, read up on PAWS. Try your best to take care of YOU... don't let yourself get too hungry, angry, lonely, tired or: HALT. That was when it would creep up on me sort of unexpected like. It takes awhile to get all the way out of your system but the thing is it DOES pass & for me at least it's backed wayyyyyy off. Hang in there. It just keeps getting better.