Notices

Back From a Relapse

Old 02-18-2011, 09:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad you are back OWW and like others shared.....don't toss all that beautiful sober time away. You are here now and moving forward. I too had fallen and picked myself back up and have made the most of my support and each day that I wake up. You can to!

Keep it going and make your recovery #1.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RunsInTheFamily

Relapse...Aaah that sensation of going back will never stop if you do not clean your environment from the first time. Hanging around with people who drank that made it harder for me to not get back in that hole. But luckily I was able to identify it before. Moreover you need patience and perseverance.. As for me, I kicked alcohol for cigarettes, I know...I know....its bad also but I tried to managed it easier with nicotine patches later and guess what, the negative effects compared to alcohol on my work and social life are nothing compared to smoking..

All you have to do is clean your environment, substitute your desires to touch the bottle with something else..and always persevere and be stable.. The money you drop your guard, you will go down that spiral hole...atleast till you can see a bottle of alcohol wizt jumping on it.. Cheers

best of luck
Old 02-19-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Now that all the congratulations are over. What are you gonna do different this time? Just sayin...
Old 02-19-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sobriety date April 19th 2011

Thank you MissyBuns. That does make a bit more sense to me.

OnewithWings.... Welcome back and Good luck going forward.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Bianca84..Welcome to SR....
Old 02-19-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
Now that all the congratulations are over. What are you gonna do different this time? Just sayin...
That is what I am trying to figure out. I am not sure what took me back out. Well, I do know that it was ME and MY decision, no one else MADE me use. I see people blame others for their relapses all the time, and that makes no sense to me. I accept responsibility for my actions.

My sponsor gave me a relapse worksheet to go over and I will be doing that. In the meantime I will be just not picking up today no matter what and hope that I can find the answer and patch up the holes in my recovery.

A relapse does not have to be the end of the world. I am using this to learn and moving on.