Notices

Avoidant Personality

Old 02-16-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Avoidant Personality

Hello.

I'm teresaq and I am an avoider. In the 70's I read various books on the persecution of Christians and decided to avoid persecution if possible.

Later something happened to me which further deepened the desire to avoid harm whatever the form, tho I didn't see the ramifications at the time, nor do I fully yet.

I pray God gives me full repentance for this, as well as the will and strength to go forward.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Theresaq
JMO, but I think there's noone more forgiving than God, whatever we've done

good to see you back

D
Old 02-16-2011, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi Teresaq

I can relate. I isolate in order to avoid unpleasantness which at times in my mind seems to be what the whole world is made of. It is natural to avoid threats but when the avoidance becomes excessive it becomes a problem. Nothing is good in excess. I try to keep in mind that small steps to get better is all i can do and that is fine. Good luck
Old 02-19-2011, 08:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I use "repent", I use it more in the "change my mind" sense... I probably should have made that clear. And thanks for the "welcome back", Dee79.

It was hard for me to put that up, because, now what? I guess I keep waiting for some magical moment...I have been years in developing my avoidance tactics, imprinting my brain with certain thoughts, so I guess it will be a while before I become "sane".
Old 02-19-2011, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Back Teresa! Glad you are with us.

Takes time to make change.....in my experience it didn't happen overnight. From the drinking piece which was my major problem and learning how to live alcohol free to the other issues like dwelling, isolating, wanting to forget instead of tackle problems that did not have readily available solutions. All of that and more have been part of my progress and things that I continue to improve

I found it took time to make changes. Your being back with us is a start and putting it on the table is a pretty big thing

Keep it going!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I use "repent", I use it more in the "change my mind" sense... I probably should have made that clear. And thanks for the "welcome back", Dee79.

It was hard for me to put that up, because, now what? I guess I keep waiting for some magical moment...I have been years in developing my avoidance tactics, imprinting my brain with certain thoughts, so I guess it will be a while before I become "sane".
Old 02-19-2011, 08:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry, I'm not sure how i ended up with a double post. And my apologies Dee74 for getting your username wrong. I should have checked to make sure.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

79, 74...whatever LOL.

D