SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I am starting my recovery. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/220261-i-am-starting-my-recovery.html)

trytobesober 02-16-2011 04:32 PM

I am starting my recovery.

Hello im new to the fourm.
Over the past 2 years of my life i have been a horrible alcoholic i knew this since the third month after being 21 but lied to my self.
I lost a car lost alot of my life because of it.
I went to A.A here in my home town and it was not a very good experience there not very helpful when i asked for a sponsor.
I am giving up this way of life and i just wanted to voice that somewhere without being looked at strangely.
Thank you for this forum to tell my little story and get a little bit off my chest.

nandm 02-16-2011 04:34 PM

Welcome to SR. Glad you are here.

trytobesober 02-16-2011 04:38 PM

Thank you i need friends online and off and i just need advice.

Dee74 02-16-2011 05:33 PM

Welcome trytobesober!

you'll find a lot of support here - & a few ideas on what to do too :)

D

least 02-16-2011 05:40 PM

Welcome to the family!:) You'll find a lot of support and useful information here.:hug:

trytobesober 02-16-2011 05:44 PM

Thank you very much all of you.

Indecisive 02-16-2011 06:54 PM

Welcome trytobesober. SR is a wonderful and supportive place. :welcome

tallcactus 02-16-2011 09:15 PM

Welcome!
You can do this, just ODAAT.
We all know about loses, but you will gain so much more, with each sober day.
Hope you chest feels lighter as you being your amazing jounery in soberity and recovery.

mtnmagic 02-16-2011 09:18 PM

Welcome and I'm so glad you are here. Yep, you
found a place where you can share whatever you need
to and people on here will understand exactly where you are
coming from.

You have chosen to undertake an incredible journey. It
isn't easy, but having support makes it so much better.
Keep reading and keep posting.

artsoul 02-16-2011 09:23 PM

Glad you're here and wanting to get sober. Alcohol can take so much from us, but you don't have to live like that anymore. You're making the best decision possible.

I hung out here a lot in the beginning (well, I still do!). We understand what you're going through.....:grouphug:

BoozeFree 02-16-2011 09:28 PM

Welcome, this is a great site!

ReadyAndAble 02-16-2011 09:30 PM

Welcome to SR! I wasn't sure I could quit, but the insights and support of everyone here has been a key part of my recovery. Glad you joined us!

Kmber2010 02-16-2011 10:20 PM

Welcome to SR and glad you are with us.

This site was invaluable to me and has become a wonderful support tool in my recovery.

What I can share is no matter what happens to keep pushing forward. I hit some snags at first looking for face to face support and had I given up....well I highly doubt I would be here.

There are many support options out there and plenty of info here to help. If you think something is for you well don't be deterred by one experience.

Looking forward to the journey!!

trytobesober 02-16-2011 10:36 PM

Thank you everyone.