Notices

Still think about it

Old 02-16-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still think about it

Even though Ive been clean since 09 I still think about my drug of choice. Not all the time, just once in a while. I sometimes think about how I miss it. Ive managed to stay away from it. I wonder if Im repacing it with other things and behaviors. I mean cigarettes and caffeine. I kinda act the same way when I run out of cigs. I need to quit but Im horrified at the thought of it. My mother haunts me about quitting and I resist. I make up excuses. Family history tells me I need to quit. I wonder if I will be like my granmother and have the oxygen in one room with cigs in the next. Ive had Doctors tell me that the addiction is as bad as a certain drug out there.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I miss the cigarettes more than the booze in a way. I think its because I worked harder at eradicating drinking thoughts and I quit cigs because it was tied to drinking.

I would not be surprised if I still have the occasional drinking thought ten years from now...not a cravings per se just the thought..."wouldn't a glass of wine be nice?" Followed by "no"
Old 02-16-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been off alcohol since 07 and I still think about it at times, I think that's only natural. I'll see someone having a glass of wine and the thought crosses my mind that it would be a nice way to relax, but then usually before that thought is even fully formed it is replaced with the fact that alcohol nearly killed me so... I still smoke cigarettes too, not a heavy smoker- less than 1/2 pack a day and yes I know I should quit but I figure if I quit smoking then I would just be "too perfect" and we just wouldn't want that... Don't be so hard on yourself.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think it gets worse when my boyfriend starts his crap. His accident at work was hard on me as well as himself. On top of all the other crap in my life Im dealing with him. Ive put all of my stuff aside (trying to) to take care of his stuff. Im frustrated because it doesnt seem to matter what I do he just keeps chiseling away. We cant have a normal conversation like normal people. He looks for ways to get me going. My therepist calls it bating. most of the time it doesnt work.