Notices

My life with an addict...

Old 03-23-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi QteeKitty,

I recommend you start a daily habit of researching and creating a financial plan for yourself. Search the internet for ideas, or request books at your library. There are countless books out there, and Amazon.com is a great resource for researching the best titles. Also, set a tentative move-out date, and work towards that, adjusting your goals as time goes forward.

For finding new employment, I recommend checking out Indeed.com if you haven't already. It is much better than Craigslist (although you could still check Craigslist in case something pops up there).

Are you attending college, or have you attended in the past? Nearly all colleges and universities have "Career Centers" specifically dedicated to helping current and former students learn more about how to get the jobs that they want. All it takes is an e-mail or phone call.

My best advice is to focus on taking care of yourself. You can only control your own personal development, and luckily, that is the most important thing in the world.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey guys, you all have good points.

Right now, my bartender "salary" won't be able to afford even renting with a roomate.

I looked into Section 8, and it's shut down for all of NY as of now bc they ran out of money. Which is the govt housing help ect for those outside of NY.

I am going back to school in Sept, to take a certificate course for Medical assistant. From there I will be able to make descent money to afford living expenses. As of now, I really don't have options to just get up and leave. I mean yea I could be the dude on my friend's coach but that isn't a permanant situation, that lasts for a few days.

Until, things start happening for me in the future, or a miracle happens, I am here coping with this and find peace of mind through this website.

Cheers