Notices

Losing a pet...I hurt

Old 02-17-2011, 01:40 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

VC - I am SO sorry for your loss. What a lovely pic. I got all teary and gave my cat (Tiger) a huge hug. We lost a Lhasa Apso, diabetic, and he got other complications. We know also have a poodle cross bichon frise. Baker knew he was loved. Time will heal, and you'll have lovely memories.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

VC - I am so sorry for the loss of Baker. He looks like
he was the best companion ever. It is so hard. Take
good care of yourself.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I know your pain, VC. God entrusted us with the care of animals in this world. I wouldn't hesitate to risk my life for the sake of protecting others. <3 Remember that you can continue to be a safe sanctuary for other cats like Baker in the future as well. I'm sure he'd want the same.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:42 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. He will be near, always.

Hold on to the wonderful memories- they will get you through.

hugs
chicory
Old 02-17-2011, 04:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I see that Baker was an avid reader and a handsome boy....I'm so very sorry for your loss....

I lost my beloved Wylie Coyote (maine coon cat) 2 years ago....he was never sick, he just went to sleep on my bed and never woke up...(he was only 10 years old, the vet thinks he had a heart attack)...i tried to console myself by thinking he did not suffer.

you will always remember him and honor his memory.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss VC.

Having lost many dear furry family I do understand and I know that for me I had to grieve. We are here for you and just know that Baker is in a better place now free of pain.

Huggs.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

VC I am sincerely sorry for your lost...I know the special place our kitties share in our hearts...fill yours now with all the wonderful memories...xo
Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry for your loss VC. I had to put my beloved pet down after 16 years. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. It's been 2 years and occasionally I will catch glimpses of him running around the corners of my house. Like you said, I will feel him jump on the bed or feel his presence around me. I look forward to the day I see my best buddy (JIP) running and healthy coming across that Rainbow Bridge and we will never be parted again.

Nothing I can say will ease your pain right now. I just wanted you to know, I understand what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Baker.

:ghug3
Old 02-17-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry for your loss. Our pets see us at our worst and are still loyal. A few years ago I lost a cat, about a year later a young stray turned up in my backyard, the same sort of breed and everything as the other cat. I understand you have had some difficult events in your life in the past few years VC. So had I when I lost my cat, I think it amplified my grief further but in a way I think that the grief process was overall cathartic. I'm glad now that I did let myself process it, but I know all this probably doesn't help much right now - I do understand what pet companions can mean and once again my sympathies.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hello, I am so sorry to hear about your cat! I had a dog for 13 years and she too was like my child. She was the only one that was ALWAYS there for me! We had to put her down and I cried and cried for days. If it's time it is time. I don't know what your religious views are, but when I lost my dog I sat in my backyard and said "Dear Heavenly father, may I please speak with my dog?" haha sounds crazy I know but this is what I did as a child when my Grandparents died and it worked then so.... but then I really talked to her, I sat and talked about our times together and how much I loved her ect and I really felt as if she was listening, I know she was. I also made a video of her, with pictures. This seems to help a lot of people but use a happy song in it please! I used "She got it all" by Kenny Chesney, it's a good one. Good luck!