Notices

15 days =))

Old 02-15-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

15 days =))

Hello to all my SR friends that I was blessed to chat with and also give me great support and advice. Today I am happy to say it is 15 days with no drinking at all in my life and I feel GREAT! I know it is only 15 days and have a long rode ahead but, I can honestly say I don't want it. Don't get me wrong it has came to my head when I drive by a LQ store but, never once did I say I want to stop and get a bottle, honestly! I can see my anxiety went down a bit and so many more positive things that came along in just 15 days but there is the down side also meaning, problems sleeping, my face is pale which I'm thinking from lack of sleep since when I use to drink I would eat like a pig and pass out till the next morning. But like you all told me 1 day at a time, and this is what I do everyday. I do see that I am quick to snap back at people and get upset a lot since I have stopped also which again I am thinking because my body is going through this change. I want to also let you all to know what I think has beenn helping me too...... when my friends go out on the weekend, I explain that I can't because I don't think it will be a good idea for a long time because I don't drink and that is a temptation to be around a bunch of people that are drinking. So, I told them if they are my friends, they will respect my decision at this time and they are all FIRED from my life unless they want to go to breakfest in the AM. Unfortunetly, a lot of them have not been calling me which only brings me to one solution..... there not my friends and they don't care about you're wishes but themselves. So let it be, I don't need them in my life if this is the way they feel. So, again thank you so all my SR friends that I have met and not met, you all have been 95% of my recovery for these, happy to say 15 days and going strong! I make sure I am here everyday to read post's, chat, get advice because it all reallyp helps. So, thank you from my heart! And for all of you that have just joined, PLEASE, give SR a chance because it is the best web site that I came across and I thank god that I found this site!
Everyone have a wonderful day, and hope with me posting once a week does not get to annoying. lol Again, thank you much SR!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job, Amarz! I feel the same way as you. I post every day on SR, and visit several times a day to read. I learn something from all of you every time I do. 15 days is a big milestone—well done!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Awesome job, amarz! You're halfway to a month! I know those early times can be a little rocky; at least they were for me anyway. I'd go from being on Cloud 9, thinking about how great I felt and how proud I was of myself, to being snappy and irritable with people. But just remember, our bodies and brains were all tweaked out by the alcohol we were ingesting. It takes a while for the alcohol to totally leave the body and for the body to balance itself out. Just keep focusing on the outcome, the goal at the end, and the tough times will be behind you before you know it.

As for your friends, I think you're being wise in choosing not to place yourself in difficult situations. It's probably best to, as you say, only go out for breakfast and such, where the temptation to drink is not nearly the same. And you're right; your true friends will stick by your side, and the other folks will kinda just fall by the wayside. But I've realized in my recovery that instead of having friendly relationships with lots of different people, I actually prefer focusing on cultivating the relationships I have with those closest to me. I spend more time and effort talking and spending time with the people who are in my inner circle, my best friends and family. Before I was just hanging out with whoever wanted to get wasted that night. Now I spend time with those who matter the most in my life.

Keep up the great work. I'm proud of you, and you should be too.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 15 days!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on 15 days Amarz! Great stuff!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post Amarz!!! Congrats and keep on going with that positive vibe. I too found that folks dropped out of my life but you know what? Heck, my self confidence and they way I feel has soared through the roof that I feel so amazing and now know I deserve better not only from me but from those I have in my life.

Love it and keep sharing!!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Keep on keepin' on.