Notices

Skipping Along the Bottom

Old 02-10-2011, 10:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I made it through day 7
Went to a newcomers meeting today then met with my Sponsor. Both were quite motivational. Today was about a 5 out of 10 had some anxiety episodes, didnt sleep too well, but my meeting and sponsor visit kept me on track. I hope no one minds if I log my days like this. It is kind of therapeutic for me. I have finished reading the Big Book and begun to take a moral inventory. I have even started praying a lot. I know I am working ahead on my steps as my sponsor wants me to start more at step 2 but I fell that it will help me right now, and I can always do it again.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your first week

D
Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congrats on week one! I just did a back flip for you! One week on your own -- I mean deciding to do it and relying on the fellowship of AA -- is an amazing accomplishment, and the next 24 hours is one you can tackle.

You're doing amazing. Hitting meetings, lining up a sponsor. Those are tremendous steps -- especially since you have a sponsor to help you with, well, the steps.

I have five months in a few days. Going to meetings, working on the fourth step, and hanging around here looking for newbies to say, yes, it can be done, it can be a new life, a life worth living!

And congratulations on the new promotion. You will excel now that you are clean.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Made it through day 9 without a hitch. Ok maybe that is pushing it but I did not drink. I went to see my Son out of town and hit up a meeting there on Sat. Went to Church on Sunday. I have been doing a LOT of praying and that seems to really help me when the anxiety, fear, jealousy, or anger attacks hit. I have realized that those are my main 4 issues and I think that the anger is a manifest of something else I need to search more for. I have been quite emotional the last few days also. The slightest thing seems to make me cry. That is quite awkward after being an emotionless zombie for so many years. While I think it may be part of the healing process, I really hope it passes soon.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It was interesting reading back through this. I am happy to say I am still sober. I guess it has been one year, one month and twenty days. While I do not attend AA any more ( I have not stopped working the steps, I just do them with a different group of people.), My family attends Church every Sunday. Yes, I have reunited with my family. My path has not been, and is not easy or perfect, but for the grace of God I do not worry about my addiction. One thing I found really helpful is volunteering to help others. Selfishness and alcoholism are a close couple. Giving and loving on others pays by recharging the soul.
I came back to this forum to bring words of encouragement to those who are struggling. There is hope. There is happiness. There is still someone out there who loves you. I continue to thank God everyday for keeping me sober.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopefulone01 View Post
While I do not attend AA any more ( I have not stopped working the steps, I just do them with a different group of people.), My family attends Church every Sunday.
Firsts..Congrats on your continued sobriety...I was just curious...Is that a faith based AA group?...Same 12 steps?...And if so...Do you work with a sponsor?...And if you don't mind...What step are you working on?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Wow!!!!

I read with great interest your entire thread. I can't tell you how excited I am for you right now! So well done!

You did everything right and I am so proud of you. So very inspiring.

I am thrilled you have your whole family back. What a reward that was.

I pray a lot too. Out loud and everything by myself. It helps.

Good luck in your new life and that you for the encouragement.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Email reminded me of this site

Guess it's been over 6 years now alcohol free. I don't miss it for a moment. Of course life continues to happen and I have learned to bend. Today I took my son to celebrate his 12th birthday. Sitting with my family I paused to reflect on what might have been and all I had to be thankful for.

My parents came to visit for the first time last week, they weren't allowed after damage I caused during my addiction between them and my wife. This was one of the final major hurdles I was still hoping would mend. I have been promoted twice at my job, bought a house, and have 3 dogs.

I don't miss drinking for a moment.

My path here has not been easy or without trials but I know that I plan to be sober today and that will not get in the way of my future.

I hope my testament inspires someone to stay sober today with me. I cant promise it will all get better overnight, but I can promise it will get better. A professional once told me for every year I damaged someone to expect 2 years for them to trust me fully again. I take that to heart and know I have a lifetime of years ahead to make that happen.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopefulone01 View Post
A professional once told me for every year I damaged someone to expect 2 years for them to trust me fully again. I take that to heart and know I have a lifetime of years ahead to make that happen.
This really hit me hard.

Thanks for sharing that.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to read the update hopefulone - congrats

D
Old 04-16-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Doc? Meetings? Support to you
Old 04-16-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
under new management

How I love a happy update!!!

This is a very uplifting and inspiring post, Hopefulone

Old 04-16-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Congrats on your success, thanks for posting!
Old 04-16-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grats on 6 years bud