Notices

How can I do this?

Old 02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How can I do this?

I know quite a bit about recovery and the twelve step program of NA. A couple of years ago I attended a residential treatment center and I did good for a while only to return to active drug addiction. My husband also abuses his prescription narcotics and this enables my addiction and makes it really hard for me to stay clean.
Right now I have been clean for two days, since Saturday. But it's really hard. I've already had to watch my husband and his friends snorting pills on the kitchen counter. I am also attending a outpatient program 3 days a week.
I loved the NA meetings when I attended them before but right now I don't have transportation to get to the meetings. I feel so lost and alone I don't know where to go from here.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel for you brandymichele. Check out this link.... Downloads & mp3's from silkworth.net

It's everything AA. It's not an "exact" match sine your problem seems to be drugs rather than alcohol, but the concepts / steps are the same. You can also look up where AA / NA meetings are in your area and do everything you can to make it to one. Look at it as a life or death errand. If your kids had to have a ride to the hospital, I'm sure you would find them one. It says in the Big Book "if we are willing to go to any length to get it"... meaning, that by going to any length to make a meeting we not only make sure we go to a meeting, but we also reinforce our decision for recovery.

Also, I'm sure there are some numbers you can get at your outpatient program. Help is there, you just have to ask for it.

Best of luck to you. You can get better, just takes action on our part. I hope you find that link helpful. The Joe and Charlie tapes are at the top. I find them VERY helpful. Also, keep coming around this forum. There is a ton of help / support here...
Old 02-07-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One more link. Area 26 of Alcoholics Anonymous in Kentucky

This is a link with meetings / locations in your area. I would call one of the clubs and just simply ask for help. You'll be amazed on the help that is out there if you just ask for it...

Best of luck!!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

There is always lots of support here, and I'm glad you decided to stop using drugs.

It sounds like you might need to put some space between your husband and yourself. Maybe you can spend some time in a different room by yourself or go out of the house for awhile.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome brandy - Glad you're here and have decided to get your life. There's a sub-forum here that deals with drug abuse: back.Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I hope you can get the support you need (and keep posting/reading here - it really helps!). I'm sorry you're having to deal with your husband's using around you.

Keep taking it one day at a time. We're all here for you!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome brandymichele

I know you'll find a lot of support here.

I think Anna's point about putting some space between you and whats going on is useful...I hope you'll look into real life face to face support too

D