Notices

Dreams!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreams!

Last night I had my first dream about alcohol, funny it took that long. I'm on day 34 (wow, I just had to check, I wasn't really counting anymore!). Anyway, vivid dreams, a bottle of my favorite vodka miraculously appeared in my pocketbook! And I planned to drink it when I got home. And I didn't know I was dreaming.

Anybody ever have those dreams when they know they are dreaming? I get them occassionally. I actually know I'm dreaming and I love it because I can do whatever I want, lol, and it doesn't matter. When I was younger (and really guy crazy) and I was in a dream, I would try to find hunky men to make out with, lol. I guess because in life I was too shy and such a good girl.

It got me to thinking this morning though, I wonder if alcohol was putting me into that same dreamlike state I loved, not quite as safe as a dream, lol. In my dreams when I knew I was dreaming I just had to "go to sleep" in the dream if I wanted to wake up. I don't dream like that every night but some are so real. I have no plans to drink, and I don't think I was thinking about alcohol last night so it's strange that it came out of nowhere! Oh, and I woke up before I drank it

Last edited by undercoverangel; 02-03-2011 at 08:56 AM. Reason: par.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

In my previous "drinking" dreams, I wasn't aware of it being a dream and was always shocked by my nocturnal relapse. But in my last dream, I caught myself thinking, "This must be a dream because I don't drink anymore."

Progress I suppose, that my recovery has extended to my dreams!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The best part is you didn't want to go back to sleep to finish the dream. I remembered my dreams better than when I was awake when I drank - LOL

Congrats on 34 days!