Notices

Happy Groundhog Day

Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Groundhog Day

I posted about this in the "90 days and under" thread but...

When I think about the movie Groundhog Day, I am reminded of my former drinking pattern of waking up every morning, hoping the day would be different than the day before, but it never was. I'd fall into the same pattern of drinking that day hoping "tomorrow will be different".

So glad I'm free of that mental torture now. For the most part, my days are still similar to the day before, but now they are alcohol free!!!

So grateful to have broken the "Groundhog Day" drinking cycle.

BTW - I hear Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow this morning which means an early spring!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by bettterlife4me View Post
BTW - I hear Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow this morning which means an early spring!
HA! Try telling that to us here in Milwaukee. I woke up to my car buried in a massive snow drift! We got about 12" of snow with 30-40 MPH winds to boot. In the past I would've used this as an excuse for an all-day beer bash, but instead I dug my car out and headed in to the office. I'm the only one that made it in today, safe and sober
Old 02-02-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too was trapped in the cycle of thinking "this time will be different/better..." and of course it never was. So glad those days are over.