Notices

chocolate coffee and cola

Old 02-08-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sick doctor

The chocolate goes in the chili, with a couple of squares for the chef!

Chocolate digestives and maple syrup on toast - that's my breakfast...
Old 02-08-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Living In The Now

When I was using I really liked lemonade, now I hardly touch it. I fricking love sugar though, not on it's own though lol.

Tom

x
Old 02-08-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

lots of tea, all kinds

and Oreos
Old 02-08-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I finally got myself to quit drinking sodas, but I'm still drinking things like sports drinks/sobe. I'm going to slowly wean myself off those though. If I could get myself off the sugar/soda I think I would be a whooooole lot healthier. Diabetes scares the crap outta me.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time Stark !

Thinking about what really scares me the most is just how (relatively) new , it is , for us to ingest" processed sugar" I think only 200 years ago we only ate 2 or 3 lbs per person (per year )

This short article from 05 claims some alarming statistics !?!

health.usnews.com/usnews/health/articles/050328/28sugar...

One sweet nation
Posted 3/20/05
Here are some facts about Americans' infatuation with sugar and syrup:

In 1967, Americans ate 114 pounds of sugar and sweeteners a year per capita, nearly all of it as either raw or refined sugar. In 2003, each person consumed about 142 pounds of sugar per year.

Since high-fructose corn syrup was developed more than 30 years ago, consumption of the sweetener, which flavors everything from soda pop to ranch dressing, has skyrocketed. Now Americans down about 61 pounds a year each.

Since 1950, soft-drink consumption per capita has quadrupled, from about 11 gallons per year to about 46 gallons in 2003--nearly a gallon a week per person.

With all that sugar-eating, it's no wonder people don't have much room for their vegetables. In 2003, Americans consumed, on average, a dismal 8.3 pounds of broccoli and just over 25 pounds of dark lettuces (the kinds that are really good for you).

This story appears in the March 28, 2005 print edition of U.S. News & World Report

The solution for me was to go through every last product in my kitchen and give away anything with "sugar, or corn syrup," ....or the other half dozen or so names given for this junk. Won't bring it in my house,..... much less put any in my body.

I guess everyone's got to learn for themselves though,

.....usually (like alcohol) ; ...the hard way.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Fresh baked brownies, I've been baking brownies twice a week (I wonder why I can't lose weight? lol) My kids love them, I put an entire package of semi sweet chocolate chips in the mix before I bake, oh my, sinfully delicious! I have such a sweet tooth since I quit, I've been known to steal my kids christmas chocolates. My youngest has been hiding his candy, I think he's onto me. I really don't eat that much chocolate, I do moderate somewhat, but I have to have a little bit every day, I used to go months without it.

My kids also like to make their own brownie sundaes, they put chocolate chip ice cream on top of the chocolate chip brownie then add chocolate sprinkles, chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Now that's a chocolate fix.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:31 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
Congrats on your sober time Stark !

Thinking about what really scares me the most is just how (relatively) new , it is , for us to ingest" processed sugar" I think only 200 years ago we only ate 2 or 3 lbs per person (per year )

This short article from 05 claims some alarming statistics !?!

health.usnews.com/usnews/health/articles/050328/28sugar...

One sweet nation
Posted 3/20/05
Here are some facts about Americans' infatuation with sugar and syrup:

In 1967, Americans ate 114 pounds of sugar and sweeteners a year per capita, nearly all of it as either raw or refined sugar. In 2003, each person consumed about 142 pounds of sugar per year.

Since high-fructose corn syrup was developed more than 30 years ago, consumption of the sweetener, which flavors everything from soda pop to ranch dressing, has skyrocketed. Now Americans down about 61 pounds a year each.

Since 1950, soft-drink consumption per capita has quadrupled, from about 11 gallons per year to about 46 gallons in 2003--nearly a gallon a week per person.

With all that sugar-eating, it's no wonder people don't have much room for their vegetables. In 2003, Americans consumed, on average, a dismal 8.3 pounds of broccoli and just over 25 pounds of dark lettuces (the kinds that are really good for you).

This story appears in the March 28, 2005 print edition of U.S. News & World Report

The solution for me was to go through every last product in my kitchen and give away anything with "sugar, or corn syrup," ....or the other half dozen or so names given for this junk. Won't bring it in my house,..... much less put any in my body.

I guess everyone's got to learn for themselves though,

.....usually (like alcohol) ; ...the hard way.
Well, wee's Americuuns love to overdoo everything, not just sugar 5.

I come from Croatia and we make the best cakes and chocolates and candies in the world. It's like heaven when you can enjoy some delicious desert!!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thanks TopSpin!

I just ordered Sugar Blues.

While I have read a few books and read up online about this # 1 addiction, I still have only barely touched the surface.

Candidly, it's quite troubling several have posted about the dangers of sugar and food disorders/addiction and how it kills........

and people just keep posting about the ice cream and brownies they pound down.

what's wrong with this picture?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Candidly, it's quite troubling several have posted about the dangers of sugar and food disorders/addiction and how it kills........

and people just keep posting about the ice cream and brownies they pound down.

what's wrong with this picture?
I think it's a bit of an overkill to just say you can't eat ANYthing with sugar in it.

We know about the poison in our processed foods, and importance of healthy eating. It doesn't mean you can never have the pleasure of eating some chocolate or delicious piece of cake.!
Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kiki5711 View Post
I think it's a bit of an overkill to just say you can't eat ANYthing with sugar in it!

ya never heard me say that.......

but if you DO read up on it, you will find there is NO nutritional value in processed sugar.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Not to be a party pooper but I stay clear of sweets. The sugar buzz gives me a high and then CRASH. Books I've read on alcoholism state that many alcoholics are hypoglycemic. So I have been following this type of diet (eating small meals every few hours, lots of protein, no refined carbs..). Don't know if it's a coincidence but it seems to help with my cravings. I work out every day and not only are my moods better but my waistline as well!