Notices

Bible Recommendation

Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
Sorry but I don't see how the Bible talk about recovery.
When I was drinking, I was selfish; the Bible tells me to be selfless and to give of myself to others.

When I was drinking, I stole from people; the Bible tells me not to steal.

When I was drinking, I missed work due to hangovers and drunkenness; the Bible teaches me to always give my best effort to my employer.

When I was drinking, I was absent in mind and spirit as far as my relationship with my fiancee goes; the Bible teaches me to nurture that relationship and to love her with all my heart.

Those are just very small, obvious examples. But my recovery is all about faith that a power greater than myself could help me overcome my obsession with alcohol. I choose to call that power God, and if I believe the Bible is God's word, then it makes sense that it would be the first word in my recovery.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I just received my copy.

Looks very interesting so far!!!!

Thanks again so much.

Lovr and hugs,
Old 01-28-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Isaiah 63:5

"I looked, but there was no one to help, I was appalled that no one gave support; so my own arm worked salvation for me, and my own wrath sustained me."

Ezekiel 37:1-6

"The hand of the LORD was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “Sovereign LORD, you alone know.”

Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’”