Notices

EVERYONE here is important!

Old 01-25-2011, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile EVERYONE here is important!

No matter what your story or how bad off you may or may not be, everyone has a place here. Some of us get here in better shape than others, having lost little and still full of hope. Some are here at their absolute lowest and have little hope for the future. It matters not where you are in your life or your recovery, you're important here and your life and recovery matters to all of us.

No matter what your situation, you can be of help to others. Some of us have to fall further down than others. Some are still in decent shape and don't wish to go any further down than we already have. It's not important. What matters is that you share your story and give and get help from all of us. All of us have something to offer, both newcomers and oldtimers.

No matter where you are, we're glad you're here now and will offer all the friendship and support we can. And in helping others, we also help ourselves.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

I agree, I love every single person on this site. Each and every person here has something to offer, rather they know it or not, simply by being here. I don't come here every day for the pretty colors on the screen; I come here because of the people that are here.

Maybe that's why I've been on the Newcomers forum for 10 months and rarely visit the other ones. Perhaps I need to expand my horizons a bit, but this is definitely my Home Base in my recovery.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You said this so nicely. Great post least. I always enjoy reading other posts. Thye all help me with my recovery and remind me what is important. I fell SR is a place I can turn to when I feel happy, sad or depressed. You guys are always ther ewiht support and advice.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
No matter what your story or how bad off you may or may not be, everyone has a place here. Some of us get here in better shape than others, having lost little and still full of hope. Some are here at their absolute lowest and have little hope for the future. It matters not where you are in your life or your recovery, you're important here and your life and recovery matters to all of us.

No matter what your situation, you can be of help to others. Some of us have to fall further down than others. Some are still in decent shape and don't wish to go any further down than we already have. It's not important. What matters is that you share your story and give and get help from all of us. All of us have something to offer, both newcomers and oldtimers.

No matter where you are, we're glad you're here now and will offer all the friendship and support we can. And in helping others, we also help ourselves.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I totally agree!

I see so many people come in here saying "hey, sorry to bother you all, my addiction probably isn't worth talking about, it's probably not a big deal," etc. but really, newcomers help me as much as I can help them!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Least for a great post.

I thouroughly agree that everyone who posts here is important and I have received such wonderful love, support, guidance and even an occasional kick in the pants here on SR.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Agreed Least! We never know when our words will hit home & strike just the right chord. There's no place else like this, and I'll be forever thankful.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

True story..no one will find a finer site for support!! I know I am content here..and I looked around ALOT!! Very thankful for SR.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for a great post, Least! Love you! Jomey
Old 01-25-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks least - couldn't have put it better myself

D
Old 01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

((((least)))) your a joy, great to watch you get well and be here with you.

Kevin
Old 01-25-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

Originally Posted by least View Post

Least......
Old 01-25-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I love you all so very much! You're a huge reason for my living sober now cause you never gave up on me. Thank you all for being you.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
xuse

great post
Old 01-25-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Everything you said is so true, least. We really do gain from each and every person! I remember the first thread I started and how amazed I was at the responses - they were like gold to me and I hung on every word. I want each newcomer to feel the same way.

It's wonderful to know you and be sharing this journey together!
Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great Post Least.....Ditto!!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good job least. I always enjoy reading your posts and comments.