Notices

Want to quit drinking, but don't know how I will deal.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to sR.....

Blessings to you and your children
Old 01-24-2011, 10:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I woke up this morning, with no hangover, and my 3 year old waking me up with kisses! I feel great!! Ready to lick this thing.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The substance abuse center that I just began going to for individual therapy has a program for women and teens. The state funds it so, from what I understand, if you can't pay you don't have to pay. These programs may be difficult to find but they're out there.

As a person who didn't really think that AA was the right place for me, I can totally understand apprehension. After three meetings, I still don't know. What I do know is that I don't know! And until I figure it out, until I say "I gave it an honest go and it's not for me" I'm going to keep going.

I live in Chicago so there's an abundance of meetings to choose from. There are also meetings that have child care so you don't have to worry about that 3 year old. This might not be an option for you but check it out just in case.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Welcome to SR!!
I have a 16 year old daughter who can be a complete troll sometimes. My husband and I joke that we should be drunk EVERY DAY, lol.
First, I'd like to direct you to the thread "Moms (and Dads) that drink". Its a pretty cool way to talk with other parents about recovery stuff.
Second, I know you know this, but I HAVE to point out that your drinking may be contributing to your sons behavior. If it isn't then at the very least, he is watching and learning from someone (you) some self destructive behaviors!
I can relate to the gumdrops and lollipops state of mind that these teens have. Its so frustrating!
You came to the right place for support.
I'm glad you're here!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi rhainnon34! I won't chime in much cause it looks like you got a lot of support in this thread right now.

I will mention one thing though. Look at the picture you chose for this forum. I'm sure this is you and your son. Look at the mutual love going on in that picture. Those are the things IMHO that you should look at to keep going in sobreity. That is a very cool picture going on. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and it looks like to me all one thousand have meaning of love and caring.

I hope you get all the stuff like trying to get to AA, and making time worked out. Just wanted to give a sincere compliment seeing your thread!

D
Old 01-24-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Red face

Originally Posted by DerpDerp View Post
Hi rhainnon34! I won't chime in much cause it looks like you got a lot of support in this thread right now.

I will mention one thing though. Look at the picture you chose for this forum. I'm sure this is you and your son. Look at the mutual love going on in that picture. Those are the things IMHO that you should look at to keep going in sobreity. That is a very cool picture going on. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and it looks like to me all one thousand have meaning of love and caring.

I hope you get all the stuff like trying to get to AA, and making time worked out. Just wanted to give a sincere compliment seeing your thread!

D
*blushing* Gosh, thank you. Yes, I love that munchkin, both of them. And he certainly is enough reason. He deserves the best life I can possibly give him. I deserve something better too. I already feel very empowered today, like I'm taking control, hope it doesn't stop.