Notices

Whats really inside...

Old 01-22-2011, 01:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whats really inside...

Why do I want to drink at all? All I do is trip,stumble and fall. Hating the room does its spins. Walking around only seeing mostly twins. I feel the person right inside. Telling me Hell, let it ride. Why do I even care at all. This world will tremble, let it fall. Trip,stumble, or crawl. Living life being me. Wishing the world will let it be. Education is all we need. Yes, education why we even drink at all.<> Whether we connect or not. What matters is what we do with those connections to one another. As human beings we have a choice. Even me as small as i am. Yes, you can beat me to the punch, or i can beat you to it. Battles thats probably been around since the begining of time. Shoudn't we be smarter by now. Education would say move on, its not that important. You dont need much education to do the right thing. But our egos like alchol takes control, and puts us right back in the wrong place.<>This guy Jason made a comment in my SATOP group that GPS is fgor sissies. I said i use one, being new to Missouri. I took offense but held my tongue. I bought a six pack of bud pondering how to defend myself next time in group and i thought of whats above. Well peace everyone..
Old 01-22-2011, 02:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Repling to my own post. just to say i hope i can defend myself soon with out having to use alchol for guidence. I just hate speaking up against someone eleses ignorance. Adds alot of stress i really cant handle. I guess thats life tho. (
Old 01-22-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

This guy Jason made a comment in my SATOP group that GPS is fgor sissies.
I used to drink over all manner of things noobie...the reasons became immaterial after a while....I realise now I wasn't actually drinking over anything - it was just a useful excuse to hand my addiction on.

So whats your plan for tackling your drinking? are you looking for face to face support, or relying on SR, noobie?

D
Old 01-22-2011, 04:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

When you begin recovery, you might find it's often not necessary to speak up about someone else's ignorance.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

[QUOTE=Dee74;2839607]I used to drink over all manner of things noobie...the reasons became immaterial after a while....I realise now I wasn't actually drinking over anything - it was just a useful excuse to hand my addiction on.

Two farmers were talking across their fence. One asked the other if he could borrow some rope. The other replied "No, I'm using my rope to tie up my milk". The first said "That doesn't make any sense, you can't tie up milk with a rope!" His answer "Ya I know, but one excuse is as good as another!"
Sorry for the stupid joke, but you reminded me Dee.....
Old 01-22-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

What others say about me is not important
I usually and say...You might be right.

No point in argueing over inane silly statements.
is a silent defence.

How I see myself is vital to my well being.
I sure like the sober me a lot better...

All my best
Old 01-22-2011, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Noobie, I think defending yourself is not the point. So some guy you barely know made a comment that's just patently idiotic. Seriously, saying something like that is as ridiculous as saying "People who like strawberry ice cream are jerks." I love strawberry ice cream, and would not for a second feel a need to respond to such an asinine comment. If I seized on that as a reason to drink, it would mean part of me had been hoping to find an excuse to drink all along...
Old 01-22-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Heh,

GPS is for sissies? I don't give a rat's behind whether they are for sissies--they get me where I'm going.

Some people would say therapy or treatment is for sissies--"real men" (or women) handle their own issues. Um, actually, real men and women do what they need to do to treat their disease.

I've wasted a lot of energy in the past worrying what people say/think of me and feeling defensive. What matters to me now is what *I* think of me.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! Who cares what anyone else says. So long as it's not slanderous I pay it no mind. All I know for sure is that I'm happier as a non drinker and don't ever want to drink again.