Notices

Aches and Pains

Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Aches and Pains

Today is day 69 and lately I've been doing a lot of reflecting about my 20+ year drinking career.

Along with all of the stupid and embarrassing moments I can't believe how much alcohol causes denial.

As my body and mind are slowly healing it is amazing to me how much damage I inflicted on myself but would never blame it on drinking. I either slept wrong, twisted something, had the latest bug that was going around etc., etc. After nearly three months the aches in my sides are gone, I can go to the bathroom like a normal person, all of the creeks in my joints have magically disappeared and my mind is starting to get sharp again ( although the fog is still there sometimes.) I was just wondering if anyone else ignored their bodies in the same way as I did while drinking.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Me too. I was sadly getting used to feeling like sh!t all the time. Not any more!!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I too was the same way. I had been drinking and getting high for so long, that if I didn't feel like crap; then I would just continue with my addiction. Because feeling like crap had become normal to me.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Last couple of months before I quit I was plagued by lower back pain. Getting out of bed was difficult. Once I quit, so did the discomfort.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

Well, I am on the flip side of what causes all my aches and pains... Getting lots done has put more wear and tear on my back, muscles and joints.

Drinking led to feeling lethargic so nothing ever got done. Now i'm back to my normal warp-speed and callous disregard for pushing myself over the limit - without booze