Notices

Hello all!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say I love the site! I look forward to some great conversations here and plenty of support.

My name is Brad, im a recovering addict, from Ohio. Sober date is December 12, 2010. And I also quit smoking the same day and still going strong!!

Im a huge computer nerd. Been working on computers since I was a little kid. If anyone has any computer issues or any ?s id like to extend my help to anyone. Id be more than happy to help!!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Netsniper!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Brad

D
Old 01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

wow - wish I could say I knew computers that well! (Just switched over to Mac this past year - having fun with it).

Welcome to SR - and congratulations on a month (plus)! I haven't quit smoking yet, but have been sober 8+ months, thanks to this forum.

Good to have you!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
wow - wish I could say I knew computers that well! (Just switched over to Mac this past year - having fun with it).

Welcome to SR - and congratulations on a month (plus)! I haven't quit smoking yet, but have been sober 8+ months, thanks to this forum.

Good to have you!
thank you!

computers have always been my thing. Ever since I was little I have always just had an understanding for them. And over the years my knowledge has grown. Taken some certification classes and about 2 years of college under my belt.

Congrats on 8 months of being sober!!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Welcome, netsniper! I'm glad you joined us. I found this site the same day I stopped drinking, and I've been here & alcohol-free ever since. There are so many great people here with tons of inspiration, knowledge, support, strength, humor...It's a wonderful place.

Great job on getting through that 1st month! Now that you've got that 1 under your belt, no reason you can't make it 2, right?

Again, thanks for being here. Hope you hang around a while.

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post

Good to have you!
artsoul, I know next to nothing about computers, but that's why I'm a Mac user as well. I just find it easier to use & more intuitive than PC. Plus my MacBook, iTunes, iPod, iPhone & Apple TV all speak the same language. I like to keep it simple!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family from a fellow buckeye!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Welcome Brad! Congrats on the sober time. Congrats on the tobacco free time too. Look forward to readin more from you. Stick around...may take you up on your computer help offer!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ghostly View Post
Welcome Brad! Congrats on the sober time. Congrats on the tobacco free time too. Look forward to readin more from you. Stick around...may take you up on your computer help offer!

thanks!! and I am here to help with all computer issues. Ill try my best to fix any issue I can.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Welcome to the family from a fellow buckeye!
yes you are right i am a buckeye for life!!! where in ohio are you??

Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
Welcome, netsniper! I'm glad you joined us. I found this site the same day I stopped drinking, and I've been here & alcohol-free ever since. There are so many great people here with tons of inspiration, knowledge, support, strength, humor...It's a wonderful place.

Great job on getting through that 1st month! Now that you've got that 1 under your belt, no reason you can't make it 2, right?

Again, thanks for being here. Hope you hang around a while.

artsoul, I know next to nothing about computers, but that's why I'm a Mac user as well. I just find it easier to use & more intuitive than PC. Plus my MacBook, iTunes, iPod, iPhone & Apple TV all speak the same language. I like to keep it simple!
thanks!! and yes one month down and it is getting easier. I still think about having a cig, but the cravings arent nearly as bad as they were.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome!!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community
Old 01-16-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Brad. I'm 3 months shy of 4 years without smoking. Cold Turkey...when it gets tough, drink lots of cold water. Hide the chips though.