Notices

I found two bottles of vodka in my closet...

Old 01-15-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by Untoxicated View Post
They were just in such plain view, I can't believe I both forgot about them and never noticed them until now.
We should all stop and think about this sentence for a minute.

It's beautiful, simply beautiful.

We can and do recover. This post is living proof of that.

Viva sobriety! Viva recovery!

Kjell
Old 01-15-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

The other day my wife asked me to dig through the closet to find her snow boots and I came across a secret stash of beer that I had some how forgotten about. The born on date on the bottom of the can was from April, I dumped them.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've certainly found empty bottles... God, it is such a disgusting feeling for me. {shiver}

One of the things I've run into, that I never considered was... I have to change a lot of the things I cook now, because I used a great deal of recipes that called for wine/sherry/etc. Of course the alcohol burns off in the cooking process, but it adds such an amazing flavor... I'm so bummed, at least, about this part of my life with no alcohol. I have found 'Cooking Sherry' with no alcohol for replacement in some dishes... but some stuff, I just can't cook anymore.

That's a little off topic, I know... but back to the empties... if there are any left in the house, I just hope it's me who finds them.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I guess we are all a bunch of hoarders...LOL
Just a week or so ago, I found a few cans of beer inside of a pair of boots. Just dumped them in the bathroom sink and laughed. The things we do and the things we done, priceless.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by misamisa View Post
That could never happen to me. No matter how drunk I used to get I was always hyper-aware of any alcohol around and I wouldn't stop till it was all gone.
Ditto for me, too
Old 01-15-2011, 07:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

Originally Posted by Reubena View Post
Ditto for me, too
I too always knew exactly how much booze I had and exactly how long it would last me, that is why finding a long lost stash was such a shock. I must have really been feelin' no pain when I hid the stuff for I have NO memory of it....
Old 01-15-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

That was never me...I didn't have a stash...I never stockpiled and pretty much went to the store every day or every couple of days to get what I was going to use.

Glad you dumped it out.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
That was never me...I didn't have a stash...I never stockpiled and pretty much went to the store every day or every couple of days to get what I was going to use.

Glad you dumped it out.
I only stashed when my wife would start to give me a hard time about my drinking. Bless her heart.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I found some vodka and beer (opened) in a drawer in my workshop about 6 months after I quit. I was surprised, I thought I had thoroughly cleaned up eveything. It wasn't really very well hidden and I was surprised nobody else had found it. It upset me a bit, I was worried my wife might have found it and thought I was drinking again.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:39 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Agree on cleaning out the house. For me....guess it was sometime after I quit my other half was looking for a casserole dish and low and behold was a 1/2 box of wine all the way in the back. It was tossed immediately and all I could think was....how glad I was to be free of that life.

Thx for sharing
Old 01-15-2011, 11:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yes, I found a bag of pcp in a sock about 3 months after I quit meth, had no problems throwing it away.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

That could never happen to me. No matter how drunk I used to get I was always hyper-aware of any alcohol around and I wouldn't stop till it was all gone.
Ditto for me, too
I've never found full bottles of liquor, only empty bottles that I'd hidden and didn't want my husband to find in the trash.
There was never anything leftover for me to save, so I never would have found a bottle with anything in it.
I also never forgot where I left a full/halffull bottle, no matter what LOL.
Like misa, I would never have left those bottles 'undrunk'.
Empties only...
I've certainly found empty bottles...
I remember, all too well, a time when I would have highlighted these responses and filed them under, "reasons why I don't have a problem with drinking." Just more evidence that, as I first heard during Craig Ferguson's video, it's a thinking problem. (I'm including the clip for those of you that haven't seen it.)

Old 01-16-2011, 04:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Yeah I don't think that would ever happen to me either. I had GPS and satellite tracking on my bottles lol. I would stash empties though, so my wife wouldn't find them. When I gave up I had around 14 bottles in various places, all bone dry.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Untox - that was an awesome video. thanks for sharing that.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Anytime Kjell, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Upstairs View Post
I still have a half bottle of rum and vodka (1.75L) in my freezer. I don't quite have the heart to put them down the drain as of yet. I have thought about them a lot the last week though.
Upstairs, any luck in getting rid of those handles?