Notices

Hey can someone out there just let me know that they care?

Old 01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

PS, I certainly care and sending hugs.

Is there anyone you can call to get a ride to ER... or for them to take you to the doctor. It is best to get check out and the doctor will know the best method to get you through detox. I think some people don't like to talk to their doctor, but that is what doctors are there for... to help in medical situations. Really PS, go and see the doctor.

Mine helped when I decided to see him.

Please check in with us... we really care.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Old 01-13-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PrimalScream View Post
thank you...I have a fear I might die if I just stop...usually when I go on a binge I just suck it up and deal with the withrawl, but the hangover was so bad this morning (and I haven't been able to sleep much because of the big life decision I am going through) I don't want to go through it. do I need to go to a hospital? I honestly have only been drinking since saturday can I just stop by myself without fear of not waking up or something?
Primal! im out here in langley! hi! get yourself into a detox if you can. it will give you alot more piece of mind than if you are to white knuckle it, and also ALOT safer!

I went to Creekside Withdrawl Management center, its right behind surrey memorial and you have to refer yourself (no doctors referal needed) oh yeah, and its free.

all you have to do is call them and they will ask you a bunch of questions, then you are put on the waitlist, could be a couple days, or a couple weeks to get in. they called me back four days later and i was in the next day.

I *think* there might be one IN vancouver if you dont want to have to come all the way out here. but im not sure.

let me know if you decide to call! when i went it was really great and helped alot....i started posting here the day after i got out

ps. you can also check yourself out whenever you want, so its not like you aer a prisioner. what could it hurt, right?

vanilla!

Last edited by Dee74; 01-13-2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: removed number
Old 01-13-2011, 10:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vanilla28 View Post
Primal! im out here in langley! hi! get yourself into a detox if you can. it will give you alot more piece of mind than if you are to white knuckle it, and also ALOT safer!

I went to Creekside Withdrawl Management center, its right behind surrey memorial and you have to refer yourself (no doctors referal needed) oh yeah, and its free.

all you have to do is call them and they will ask you a bunch of questions, then you are put on the waitlist, could be a couple days, or a couple weeks to get in. they called me back four days later and i was in the next day.

I *think* there might be one IN vancouver if you dont want to have to come all the way out here. but im not sure.

let me know if you decide to call! when i went it was really great and helped alot....i started posting here the day after i got out

ps. you can also check yourself out whenever you want, so its not like you aer a prisioner. what could it hurt, right?

vanilla!
Hey Vanilla, thanks for the info...that sounds like what I might need. I just want someone to take me to a detox center right now...I went and got another case of beer hoping I could just ween myself down so I could just sleep and get sober...but I am still drinking trying to make that happen amd its not working that well...its 10:30 now and I don't want to have another sleepless night, I would like to take a sleeping pill and even a pain killer but I am afraid of mixing it with the beer. I wish there was a nice detox center right across the street...I am sure there must be some close by, I live downtown in the westend, I mean everything is down here right? ok, I think I will google detox centers in the west end...I would so go if it was easy to get in. Im imbarassed about going to one but I would feel so good to know there were people around me that knew how to take care of me while I got sober. I always just do it by myself...but this time I just feel I might have gone to far.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

These are some pretty comprehensive Canadian links (not just inpatient rehab)
Drug & alcohol rehab treatment centers: Canadian Drug Rehab Centres

but like Anna said, if nothing else, go to the ER, PS.

D
Old 01-13-2011, 11:03 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey Primalscream l care!!!!!
Sounds like you're pretty worried about your health, if you can get there, ER would probably be the best place for you right about now. (at the very least your own GP ASAP)

I don't know about over there but here the hospital Dr's is can refer a patient onto detox, but also help with medication and hydration when you get to the hospital. Look after yourself
Old 01-14-2011, 12:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Hey Primal,
I read your post about detox options first. I do care. And I hope you can find a place to detox safely. There is no shame or embarassment worth it not to get the help you need.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:34 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Get well Primal Scream. I care
Old 01-15-2011, 09:57 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I just wanted to let you all know I survived...so far anyway. I finally stopped drinking about 3am friday morning and haven't had any since. Poured out the rest of it so I will be good. I do feel like **** and hate all the sweating, but I will survive. Thank you again for all the kind and helpful words. I can't believe I got myself into that position again, but I did. I just have to resolve not to drink anymore, and somehow stick to it.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers for your healing and peace going out.

Welcome back to SR
Old 01-16-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Dear Primal
Hang in there. There's a lot of positive energy coming your way. Remember, just one day at a time.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Thanks for the update, glad you're OK.

You still might want to think about rehab or AA--most of us manage to stop for awhile, it's the staying stopped that is tough for most people.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

As far as giving up a lot of income to do what you really want to do....

I've only been sober for 11 days and I figure I have saved at least $250.

So far.

Beer is expensive here in B.C.

Take care Primal, glad you are feeling better.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update PS - glad you're feeling a little better.

I think Lexi has a point tho - you need to think now about what you're gonna do, so that you never find yourself in those straits again, man.

D
Old 01-16-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thumbs up We care......

...WE CARE...