Notices

Thanks SR - 2 years today - what I've learned so far ...

Old 01-12-2011, 09:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your comments.

You've all helped me to not drink so many days.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

New me, it seems like you knew me when you wrote that!

Congrats on the two years.

I am at 114 days and right where you were at the same time. I too retained my good name and family etc and have no horror stories to tell except the plight of the addiction. No I haven't had the cravings come to haunt me yet either.

I thank you for that post. See I was pretty active here and attended two AA meetings a week until about as month ago. I haven't even come here for several weeks and have posted little in the last two months. I also stopped going to AA meetings because with the holidays and being retired and catching up on my unfinished projects from the last two years, I didn't feel the need for sobriety support recently. Hoiwever I am fully retired early and have five acres to tend and a workshop top redo so am keeping busy. I never tried to get a sponsor and felt it was more a social function for me than anything else. I really like the folks at my home group, but apparently not enough to visit with them anymore even twice a week.

While I don't feel at risk, your post was "sobering" because I have gotten the same thing but not in so many words when I talk to my group members about how easy quitting turned out to be after detox in hospital. Guess I need to get off my axe and get active again and if I am the exception to the rule no harm done by staying active in my two chosen support groups.

Your post was a timely one for me. Very well said and thanks for the wake up call.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewMe11109 View Post
Still searching for that darn wisdom to know the difference. Do you know where I can find some?
I think you found and shared the wisdom NewMe... congratulations!