Notices

new to forum..day 2

Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to forum..day 2

Hello, I'm so glad to have stumbled on this site! I'm 2 days clean after tapering from suboxone.
Here's my story(keep it brief): I'm 35 an started abusing hydrocodones at 29. This lasted about 3 yrs before starting methadone maintence. I tapered down to 8 mgs before switching to suboxone which I have been on the last 4 months. I startd tapering 2 weeks ago and took last pill on Saturday. I'm feeling ok now but a little worried about withdrawals. I have 3 young boys who keep me very busy! But my spirits are high, I have lots of support and glad to have found support here. Thank you!

And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom~anais nin~
Old 01-10-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((csong))) - welcome to SR!!! There are a lot of people here, who have been in similar situations, so you are definitely not alone. You may want to check out the substance abuse forum and the suboxone forum, as there are threads about withdrawal and what to expect (though you may have to go back a bit).

This is a great place, full of supportive people, and I've found that no matter what we've abused, the things we go through are very, very much alike. Welcome to the family!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-10-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Welcome to SR!