Notices

Day 6 and feeling Jumpy

Old 01-06-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 and feeling Jumpy

Hi Everyone, I found this site yesterday and I'm so glad I did! It is amazing the similaries we all have. I gave up alcohol 2 years ago for about 7 months. I felt absolutely wonderful. I can just kick myself in the pants for taking that 1 beer. Thought I could drink socially. Life quickly spirals out of control. I just read someone's post that said 'you will stop drinking when you want to be sober more than you want to drunk'

I've done pretty well with the withdrawals so far. Been 6 days. Lots of supplements, water and exercise. But for some reason I have so much anxiety and am jumpy today.... making me nuts! Delayed withdrawals???

Thank you all for your posts and experiences. They help so much....
Old 01-06-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

Welcome mmh364! Yep, everyone reacts differently after quitting. My symptoms were mild for the first 2 weeks, then I had bad headaches for about a week, but after that I haven't had any more physical discomfort. Your body is in the process of healing now, which will take some time, but it's worth it! Congrats on your days sober and progress! Hope to hear more soon!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! Nikkle pretty much covered it (we're all similar in some ways, different in others). But the good news is it will get easier -- and with six days, you're on your way!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! Anxiety is very common in early sobriety but it will settle down with time. If it continues too long or gets worse, please see your doctor.