Notices

Hello...

Old 01-06-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Don't underestimate "just talking." Sometimes that's all it takes to slip up (accidentally) and reveal the truth and you know what they say, "the truth shall set you free."

As a drinker, I could argue my case all day and all night, about the control I had... all with a drink in my hand or bottles chilling in the fridge. Easy... hahaha

As a drinker low on alcohol, however, the talk diminished and the lack of control was right there, in my face. I had a problem!

With sobriety comes the desire to purge myself of all the BS I tried to convince myself of. It's humbling to admit I was a mess. Self control is now a reality. I know I have it now that I can stand on one foot in the shower in the morning, while I soap the other. Then there it is again staring me in the face in the mirror as I brush my teeth, with my eyes wide open.

I now deal with life without a crutch. Good, bad or indifferent... it's all me and it feels good. I had forgotten what it feels like to feel good again.

Try it. You'll love it!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. You took the first step. Don't be afraid to keep posting. You've made a good start.