Notices

First Day and Looking Forward To It

Old 01-03-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well done Jude thats a day in the bag for you - are you in the UK as well? Just thought you might be cos of the timings.

Just been reading a bit more about Avrt and its given me hope that there are lots of tools out there to help fight the addiciton. My biggest enemy is definately the devils voice forming in my head after a few days of feeling well so I really need to work on this.

I am on a waiting list to see an alcohol counsellor - I hope it wont be too much longer. In the meantime I will get to AA - spend alot of time on here and researching any other ways of staying on the right path.

Must try and sleep soon - not going to be easy but at least there wont be any regrets in the morning.

D x
Old 01-03-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dearyme: No, not in England ;-) I'm in the states. I like the idea of getting up in the morning without any regrets! I pray that we both do well at this and change our lives. Sleep well and wakeup happy!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to all of the new people posting in this thread. SR is truly a wonderful place.

There is another thread where a lot of new people are posting. It is the Class of January, 2011 thread. Here is a link if you haven't already seen it.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ry-2011-a.html
Old 01-03-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hello! i am new to the website as well. i went 25 days sober. broke it. and i am back to sobriety again today. cheers to day 1 of sobriety! staying sober will help us become better, happier people.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Popcorn for everyone!

Old 01-03-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Question Hi

I am new here and wonder if I am in the right place. I need support... but not because of a substance. Well, I guess inadvertently... anyways, I am the spouse of an addict. I got this website from a rehab/detox facility when I asked for support for family members. I almost feel like I am intruding. Help me find the right place please. Thanks!!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Try here:
Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 01-03-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
FNW
seeking acceptance

Hey Jude, welcome to SR! You can do this - stay in the moment!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Jude - welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you've decided to get out of the vicious cycle. Drinking to get over the effects of drinking is crazy, but that's what we do when we're addicted. It took a while for the obsession (that voice in my head) to fade, but it really does get better and better.

You can do it - just be sure to get medical help if the withdrawals are too much. And come here often - it so important to have support.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

One whole day! Hard to believe but I am so happy with myself.