Notices

Dont know where to start

Old 01-10-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OklaBH View Post
I dont know why I took a step backward....I was fine until he left.
Unfortunately any little emotional upset can derail us early on if we're not incredibly vigilant. Loneliness (or even the anticipation of loneliness) can be a big trigger as well.

Never mind, you're still doing well. Just get right back on that horse!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! The AA meeting tonight is called off because of snow. I took preventative measures this morning and poured out, threw away etcc... any alcohol in the house. I know I can do it. I was on a pretty good stretch. Oh well...today is a new day. (and a cold day...the windchill is 7 degrees...Okies arent used to that)
Old 01-18-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

this is harder than i thought...

and I cant do it alone. I know that now. I drank again. I thought a few beers on Sunday would be ok. Long story short I got very sick. Im still feeling it today. Im going to go to every meeting I can find and once and for all stop this crap. Its stupid and selfish.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

We are here with you. Find a sponsor...you will be OK.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

If there's one lesson I'm glad I *finally* learned, it's that a few beers are never ok for me.

I'm glad you're back OklaBH
D
Old 01-19-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

yep Im back. Ashamed of myself but back. Ive had quite a few "ah-ha" moments. I know this is it. So far so good. Day 3 is sailing by LOL!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Glad you are back
Old 01-23-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 7

This is the 1st weekend in months maybe even years that I have been sober. I have gotten so much done. My house is clean, laundry is going, the game is on and Im happily sipping an iced tea.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Glad to hear from ya! Starting to get worried. Great going on your 7 days!!
Old 01-23-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations OklaBH

D
Old 01-23-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ronf View Post
Glad to hear from ya! Starting to get worried. Great going on your 7 days!!
Thank you ron! I love your pic by the way. I have been so worried about not drinking on weekends...well I can honestly say this weekend went off without a hitch. I feel great, suprised and relieved. Now to the hard part....staying sober!
Old 01-23-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Congrats on the 7 days! Keep it up!
Old 01-23-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks Lexie...right now I am dealing with tons of guilt. My "sober" thoughts are pretty gut wrenching. When i was drinking I didnt feel so bad the next day after doing something stupid. I was still in a haze of alcohol and honestly i didnt care what I had done. This last week more and more things are coming back to me and frankly its scary, upsetting, embarrassing and hurtful.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:14 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

This is day 9 for me. I feel so good. The mornings are actually nice now. Also Monday wasnt bad at all. In the past i drank so much over the weekend that on Monday it was just a given I would be sick all day.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:36 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Almost 3 weeks without a drink! I dont obsess about wanting a drink anymore. How long does a person have to go without drinking before they are considered "cured" or is there such a thing? Since Tuesday we have been snowed in. If that wasnt a test of my resolve then I dont know what is.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:10 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

GOOD for you Okla!

I'm not sure we're ever "cured" but you are off to a fantastic start!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

3 weeks!?! F'in MEOW way to go!! Nosey Ron wants to know what your doing to achieve this? No mention of meetings or support systems of any kind? Just grabbin your but with both hands and hangin on??? Sorry kiddo your never cured and you don't get to graduate. As long as I've been sober the compulsion will still hit. I might go a couple years and all of a sudden it's there!! Fortunately I have a great support system, DO YOU? That includes a loving and understanding wife along with a sponser and the people I sponser. I have meetings available to me almost 24/7.

OK, I'm now off my soapbox. Glad you like my pic! That's my newest G'son. After surviving 2 daughters I now have 4 G'sons and the revenge IS sweet Any toy I buy MUST make noise. Also the thought of my daughters dealing with teenage testosterone gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over :rotfxko

Your friend, Ron
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

How long does a person have to go without drinking before they are considered "cured" or is there such a thing?
I hate being a downer....

Many times I believed I was 'cured'..but my first thought was always to celebrate with a drink....
A lot of folks come here and think that, say, 90 days sober is it. Done. dusted. cured.

Not in my experience.

I'm with ron on this one BH...there's no cure, just management....but a pretty fantastic sober existence IMO.

There will be pot holes in the road ahead...just like in life, so it is for a recovery...as long as you're ok with that, have a good support system and are ready for it, you'll be ok

D
Old 02-03-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ronf View Post
3 weeks!?! F'in MEOW way to go!! Nosey Ron wants to know what your doing to achieve this? No mention of meetings or support systems of any kind? Just grabbin your but with both hands and hangin on??? Sorry kiddo your never cured and you don't get to graduate. As long as I've been sober the compulsion will still hit. I might go a couple years and all of a sudden it's there!! Fortunately I have a great support system, DO YOU? That includes a loving and understanding wife along with a sponser and the people I sponser. I have meetings available to me almost 24/7.

OK, I'm now off my soapbox. Glad you like my pic! That's my newest G'son. After surviving 2 daughters I now have 4 G'sons and the revenge IS sweet Any toy I buy MUST make noise. Also the thought of my daughters dealing with teenage testosterone gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over :rotfxko

Your friend, Ron

Thanks Nosey Ron! LOL! Besides reading on here everyday...I have my husband, mother in law and one great friend who has been through it and then through it again. I will go to a meeting. I actually look forward to it. Right now we cant even get out of the house. We have been snowed in since Monday night. Really sucks. I never imagined myself being stuck in the house for 3 days with out a drink...but it seriously hasnt bothered me. Knock on wood! Oh also I had the flu. I used to think alcohol kept me from getting sick. Maybe I was right?!?

OMG you sound like my dad. He has 2 daughters and now 4 grandsons. Its so funny to see him with the boys. He is a totally different grandpa than he was a dad.

Thanks for the encouragement. I hope things continue to go well!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

OK, Glad to hear you have people in your life who know what your doing and support you!! LOL, you sound like my daughters as far as me being different as a G'pa than I was as a Dad. Guess your Dad and I got all of our vein popping, spluttering hissy fits out of our systems by the time we'd gone through 2 teen age daughters

Ron