SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New and alone :-( (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/216824-new-alone.html)

robie69 01-02-2011 07:01 PM

New and alone :-(

Hi. I'm not clean like some of you probably are. Very far from it. I'm addicted to adderall, coke, meth and whatever Rx meds I can get my hands on. I smoke weed regularly and binge drink often. Hell, when I grew shroom for profit, I ate most of what I grew ... I wasn't sober for four months when my crops came in.

I'm kinda messed up. I've lost all the friends that have offered to help. Now the government wants to take my kids. I can't just ... stop. I tell everyone I can but I don't. Please help me.

oakleaf82 01-02-2011 07:05 PM

This is great place to start. I have found that I need more than willpower alone. Sobriety is more than just stopping; it is changing your lifestyle, and your thought processes that lead you to drink or use in the first place.

Do you have a plan?

Best of luck to you.

coffeenut 01-02-2011 07:53 PM

Welcome to SR.

Keep coming back....you can kick this....hard damn work, but worth it.

LaFemme 01-02-2011 07:54 PM

Hi robie and welcome.

Most people can't just stop...and if they can most can't stay stopped. A support network is helpful as is a plan to work on yourself to address issues that lead you to using.

SR is a good start!

Ghostly 01-02-2011 08:08 PM

Exactly what LaFemme wrote. Get a support system robie. You need some help for your problem. Nothin to be ashamed of. Get that help.

Nikkle 01-02-2011 08:41 PM

:grouphug: Welcome! You have made a great start just by being here with others who can relate and encourage you. Please keep reading and posting.

artsoul 01-02-2011 08:48 PM

Welcome robie - we can't stop on our own (or we wouldn't be addicts/alcoholics). We have to get help and ongoing support. Have you considered inpatient treatment to give you a head start? There are options out there and people who can help you figure out what's best for you (inpatient, outpatient, AA, etc....)

Take heart - you're not alone, and you really can turn things around. This is a great place to start (check out the Substance Abuse part of this forum, too). Together, we're all taking it one day at a time and finding out life isn't so bad without drinking/using. All the best to you.....:ghug3

reggiewayne 01-02-2011 09:12 PM

Welcome. I want to list the promises of AA and I want you to know that they are available for ALL of us, including you...

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and selfpity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

This is not BS or some "holy roller" scam to get you to donate money, etc... This is real. No matter how far the scale we've fallen, we can get our lives back. If you are open to it, try an AA meeting out. I tried to "out-think" my disease. I too was addicted to adderhal and booze. Booze mainly but God Dam I loved the adderhal as well. Today, I don't do either. I have found a program that works for me, just one day at a time. I wish you the best. You'll find a ton of support here man. Just know that you are not hopeless if you are willing to open yourself up to new ideas / way of life.

Hang in there man!

Dee74 01-02-2011 09:33 PM

I really agree with everyone else here - find a support system and make some serious changes....action is the way out robie - whether it's seeing your Dr or a counsellor, or rehab, or some kind of recovery group...action is the key if you want to change the way you live.

Welcome to SR - you'll find a lot of support here :)
D

Antiderivative 01-02-2011 09:39 PM

Hello and welcome. You will find support here and plenty of people who can relate with your situation and emotions. For many of us, drugs and alcohol have been the great eraser. They erase family, friends, opportunities, life, experiences, and even your kids out of your life.

Originally Posted by robie69 (Post 2816257)
Please help me.

If you find recovery, you will experience that many people will help you own your journey. However, people can only help you when you help yourself.

Reaching out here is a great first step and I applaud you for it. You will find much support and caring people here. However, what will your next step be? What is your plan of action? What do you think you need to do to get sober? Go to rehab, an in-patient program, an out-patient program, NA/AA meetings, SMART Recovery, or something else?

LiveLikeGold6 01-03-2011 04:45 AM

Hey Robbie. You certainly came to the right place. It's worth repeating that you need a plan of action. I cannot and will not stay sober unless I'm working a program in my life, which includes AA meetings, talking to people even though I'm not very comfortable socially, working the 12 steps of AA with a sponsor, giving up and turning my will over to my higher power because left to my own devices I will drink, and checking in here on SoberRecovery.