SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Just Released From 72 Hour Hold (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/216796-just-released-72-hour-hold.html)

understated 01-02-2011 10:40 AM

Just Released From 72 Hour Hold

Hi I'm new to this. I was just released from a 72 hour hold in the pysch ward and trying to get my life back on track. I'm just looking for something or someplace to go to when I have no place or no one else. So here I am

suki44883 01-02-2011 10:43 AM

Welcome to SR, understated! Pull up a chair and start reading. You'll find a lot of support here for whatever it is you are going through. We have forums for alcoholism, substance abuse, mental health and lots of other things. Hope you find some comfort here. We are here to support you!

Vesna 01-02-2011 10:46 AM

Welcome, Understated. You're in the right place...I'm new, too, and I've found everyone to be very friendly and supportive. Best wishes. :welcome

Hevyn 01-02-2011 10:48 AM

Welcome understated. It's great you found us. When I felt alone, early in recovery, this place brought me back to reality and helped me get out of the fog I'd been in for so long. We tend to think we're alone, but when we start reading the stories here, we see that's not true.

I hope you'll tell us more about yourself, when you feel ready. I'm sure you'll find reassurance and hope here. You can reclaim your life & turn everything around.

least 01-02-2011 10:58 AM

Welcome to SR! You'll find a lot of support here.:)

Ghostly 01-02-2011 10:59 AM

Welcome understated from a fellow Wisconsian. You will find a lot of support here. Read around SR. Good luck.

understated 01-02-2011 12:08 PM

Thank you all for your votes of confidence. Just for background, I've been battling depression for years and a few years ago, I added drinking everyday to that. In the past 7 months, I have lost 2 jobs due to drinking and I'm only 27, I was suppose to start a new job last Monday and overdosed on sleeping pills and alcohol. I was put on a welfare hold and now I am out and fear that I will go into the same routine. It's a big mess that I've gotten myself into. Going to the groups that past couple of days helped a lot to see that I wasn't the only one that had hit rock bottom but I know it's going to be a tough 1 way battle back up to the girl I once was.

BobGT 01-02-2011 12:12 PM

Welcome understated. Keep reading and post if you have questions or comments. We are glad you are here. :welcome

RV GTO 01-02-2011 12:14 PM

I was put on a welfare hold and now I am out

Hello understated, you have lots of support here and rest assured you are not alone.

Anna 01-02-2011 12:16 PM

Hi and Welcome,

I am so glad that you are alright and that you found us!

I wonder if you are being treated for the depression? For me, the depression came long before the drinking and I had to deal with that before I was able to begin to recover.

understated 01-02-2011 12:46 PM

Hi Anna,

Yes, the depression came way before the drinking and I just started treatment for the depression so baby steps have begun. A rude awakening but I know everyone has my best in mind. Just seems lonely on the other side of the tracks when no one really understands and my Dad keeps asking me, "what are you feeling?" I tried to explain that if I knew then I wouldn't have a problem.

Dee74 01-02-2011 02:00 PM

Welcome to SR understated :)

D

lushly 01-02-2011 02:27 PM

U R out there is hope

Originally Posted by understated (Post 2815640)
Hi I'm new to this. I was just released from a 72 hour hold in the pysch ward and trying to get my life back on track. I'm just looking for something or someplace to go to when I have no place or no one else. So here I am

What was the cause of u ending up in the pysch ward? Drugs, alcohol, untreated mental illness? Did they give u any help for after u were released? :welcome

artsoul 01-02-2011 02:54 PM

I've had depression off and on for a long time, too, and could get myself in a vicious cycle of negative thinking. Alcohol seemed like a good way to turn the volume down on those thoughts, but it really only made matters worse (and rendered my anti-depressants useless).

Do you have any kind of follow-up counseling or a doctor that can continue to treat your depression? It really is possible to turn things around and feel good about yourself again. I agree on the baby steps - you can't do it all at one time.

Hang in there!:grouphug:

understated 01-02-2011 02:55 PM

Depression mixed with lots of alcohol and poor decisions...they couldn't wake me up. They were multiple people there for alcohol and drug abuse problems seeking refuge. It was actually a relief to talk to people that understood.

understated 01-02-2011 03:02 PM

artsoul: I do have an AODA therapist lined up and have the names of some others to contact for the depression. I just need to work on getting my life back together now tomorrow on all the things I messed up this week and just thinking about it makes me want to curl into a ball and hide but I know that isn't an option anymore so...ugh. It just feels good to be able to talk about it with someone other than my family who doesn't understand and I can't explain.

Thanks ALL!

RV GTO 01-02-2011 03:06 PM

...they couldn't wake me up

But you're doing OK now??

stephnc 01-02-2011 03:21 PM

I just got home from visiting a friend in the psych ward...the same psych ward where I was a patient three years ago. I'd overdosed on pills and alcohol, not accidentally either, but I've somehow managed to get my head above water and stay sane, sober and alive for a good bit of time now (some days saner than others, obviously!)

Hang in there and keep posting here at SR...it's a wonderful community.

Stephanie

:welcome

wichitalineman 01-02-2011 03:27 PM

Welcome to SR! I'm glad you're here! :)

understated 01-02-2011 04:04 PM

RV GTO: I am doing ok now little by little. I guess in the ER it was pretty scary but I can't really remember it or the days leading up to it. It was about a 4 day bender of just alcohol and no food. Just trying to drown away everything that I could. Christmas time is very stressful for me and this year was just too much I guess.

Thank you for asking.