Notices

Class of January 2011

Old 01-03-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Going strong today. Started knitting again just to keep my mind off things. I think it helped but wow do my fingers hurt
Old 01-03-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. My phone was out for a few days so I couldn't get online. Starting in here late but enthusiastic to be part of the gang. Things are a little tough at home these days but I'm coping the best I can. Spent New Years eve watching Anderson Cooper on CNN...drinking tea.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:30 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Checking in, going onto day 4, feeling pretty good. My toughest days fall on Fridays when clocking out for work. When all the coworkers nudge me and ask if I'm coming out for some drinks. If I can get out the door and not look back I usually can make it through the weekend.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:58 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

You had me worried then - I had to check my calendar...

try not to worry about Friday until it gets here Shogun - you can do it

D
Old 01-04-2011, 12:41 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Count me in! It's been a little over 48+ hours for me now...I don't feel all that great...body aches and I can't fall asleep but I am still very optimistic (and a little nervous) about the journey ahead. I'm glad I have found this place and I am looking forward to making some new friends.

Logan
Old 01-04-2011, 01:02 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome logan

D
Old 01-04-2011, 03:01 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi to the newcomers. Day 2 for me. Not feeling good at all but alot bettter than yesterday. Focusing on total acceptance and one tiny step ahead at a time minute by minute. Good luck to all x
Old 01-04-2011, 03:42 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

hi ! Day 4 for me, just went for a walk...
I'm doing ok, although lack of sleep makes me a bit emotional. But it will all pass so I don't focus too much on it.
I wish you all an easy Tuesday, especially in the evening. That's when I get that 'feeling' for a glass of wine
Old 01-04-2011, 04:10 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Just checking in. About to go to the gym in the morning. What a novel feeling to be able to do anything productive in the morning!!! I zonked out asleep by 9 last night...so tired for some reason. But feeling great this morning. It's nice being a part of daytime-living...not just the boozey-nighttime-living I'd been doing previously.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Su**endering...

Day 5. Thinking I could have kept my mouth shut and the "minor" issue would have just "blown over" and everything would have been ok. I could have "enjoyed" my Friday night drinks while my SO was at AA. Heck, I would have had some drinks last night.

Except none of that is ok for me. And even though the latest situation may or may not have "blown over", I am standing on the edge of the abyss. I read "How it Works" in the basic text last night. I know there is only one path forward to the life I want. Anything else is clearly a spiral down to destruction and death. I'd love to convince myself that I wouldn't fall down that far. The truth is that each fall is just a little bit further for me, though. In fact, though, I've considered short-circuiting that path before in my life. So I'm left with the fact that I am on that path...and it may be short or long. In the end, it doesn't matter.

I had my first real craving for alcohol since picking up my white chip Friday night. I wondered if or when that would happen. Well...I suppose my denial wondered "if". I knew it was only a matter of time. The only things I know to do are to call someone now and to go to a meeting today. Nothing against SR, but for me, while this is a good place to share and have feedback, really I'm just documenting what is going on with me. If doing so helps someone else, I am glad.

For today, I will not drink. I will call my sponsor. I will call other AAs. I will go to a meeting.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm still in! Still alcohol free in 2011 YAY!!!!

Have to get to work now. Yesterday I did yoga and worked out on the treadmill at the gym. I'm trying to focus on health for 2011. And alcohol is most definitely NOT a part of "healthy" for me.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

DancingGirl, I was thinking the same thing. The novel feeling of being productive in the mornings. Yesterday I did yoga at 9:30, finished by 11:15, went to the grocery store, stocked up on groceries for the week and got the groceries unloaded and put away all by 12:30!!! On a day with a hangover, I would just be getting moving by 12:30!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I am happy to join the class of 2011! I made it through yesterday, had a hard time sleeping last night but feel much better today. I don't have to hide at work today and wonder if people are thinking "Man, he looks like he had a one to many last night." and I don't have to make up some lie about "Oh, I'm not feeling well because I think I am getting a cold or my allergies are acting up." Or some crap like that. I am glad I found this place and see that I am not the only one.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hang in there F-Squared! You and I are both on Day 5. I had huge wine cravings yesterday and kept ignoring them. I'm glad that I did.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Starting Day 4 for me. It is 8:30am here so I am just starting. I feel good though, I woke up this morning and thanked god for giving me the strength to stay sober another day.
Honestly I don't even crave alcohol yet. SAturday I couldn't get out of bed because I was so hung over.
Sunday I woke up and showered and started my life fresh, clean, sober and ashamed of my New Years Eve actions. I poured entire gallon jug of wine down the sink and got rid of all liquor in the house.
I feel good and look forward to this new year. A sober life. Seeing with sober eyes and hearing with sober ears and remembering events for once in my life.
We can all do it together!!!!! Thank you all for being strong.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:48 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Today is 1 week! Sitting home alone has been really trying since my car is in the shop and my new job doesn't start until Monday :/ Just hanging in there one moment at a time but bored beyond belief!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week understated - I cant wait to get there. Day 2 drawing to a close for me - feeling slightly better every hour - a few habitual thoughts have cropped up at the usual danger time (just in from work with chores to do and about to cook dinner) so browsed on here for a bit then got on with what I needed to do. As things get clearer I see more and more how much I need to do to straighten things out - giving in to my addiction is only going to put me back even further.

Well done everyone - tomorrow will be even better

D x
Old 01-04-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jude

The first days really are the hardest days - but you all seem to have a good handle on what you need to do...and the support in this thread is great to see

Just keep reminding yourselves why you started this - reminding myself and coming here to SR for support got me through some rough days

keep it up guys
D
Old 01-04-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Got a surprise visit from our Granddaughter & her best friend this morning...It was nice to see them. Two college girls with 3.9 & 4.0 GPA's....there is hope for the future.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I am joining again, I drank a beer at 1:30 a.m. last night! I was horibbly surly all day long and I took some klonopin with that to sleep. Very bad, I know. I have a second interview with the president of the school I want to work for! And I sent an email to my flaky friend last night who is a very dedicated alcoholic to let him know I can't spend time with him anymore because he treats me poorly. These are good things. But they are so scary! I absolutely cannot screw around with drink or pills. My interview is Friday and I want this job so badly. And I am going into an obsessive thought circle with something else.