Notices

Class of January 2011

Old 01-01-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was in the August class of '10. Made it 70 days got confident and fell off the wagon. A lot of great things happened in those 70 days so I am going to try and keep building from there. I also need to get real on what was happening that I let my guard down.

I feel down today but relieved to be back. I wish everyone the very best on this journey!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Count me in, I'm planning on staying sober for as long as possible -- hopefully forever!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see so many people joining already - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 01-01-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Count me in!

Hooray for the class of 2011! I'm excited to prove to myself that I can do it.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

hello everyone! Day 2 for me, no problem so far but again I could not fall asleep... I still don't feel sober or clean fysical, can't explain but my head feels a bit cloudy-numb. I remember my first complete sober month- 3weeks in November '10- and how it felt , how more positive my thoughts were. So that's my aim again and I really hope we all succeed!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

feeling a little fuzzy is normal chebella - hope your head feels clearer soon

D
Old 01-02-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm starting again.

Yes, Chebella, Dee74 is right with the fuzzy-headedness. I find that anytime I stop, I feel more screwed up in my head than I would with hangovers...but that only lasts for a bit. The more your head clears up, the more days you get in you, the fresher the world will seem and you'll realize just how bad things were before.

I'm starting today and have been looking forward to this. Ridiculous, though, that I waited past the holidays so I could "join in" with people and drink during their visits. I'm tired of drinking past the point normal people would stop. I don't even feel drunk anymore. Plus, I'm missing usually half the memories from the night before.

Insanity to continue.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Su**endering...

Count me in. I decided to quit drinking and picked up a white chip on New Year's Eve. I'm freaking out with the realization that I have a problem with alcohol, among other things. I want to run the other way and insist I just over reacted and I'm not really an alcoholic. I'm the respectable one in my house, that my SO is the one with the problem. The thing is, nobody really knows how much I've been drinking, how much of my thinking is about alcohol, how my roadblocks to continuous drunkenness are being steadily eroded. Nobody knows how when alcohol is not available, I look for other things to escape reality...the prescription drugs my SO helped her sponsee "get rid of"..."yup, I'll take those and dispose of them"...and without hesitating...putting them into hiding so I could take them myself. One was good. Two was better. The only thing keeping me from taking more and constantly is that I haven't yet worked out how to get more and keep it hidden from everyone who I need to continue to believe I'm ok, that I've got it all together. I suspect that is a short road, as soon as I find it.

I'm counting myself at least lucky enough to have spent so long around other alcoholics, and in Al Anon, that I can see the road I'm on, the decision I had to make, and must keep. It is comforting to finally be able to talk to someone, anyone, about this. I will go to a meeting today and I will call my sponsor.

Thanks. And I'm glad to finally be here.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Avenger of my liver

Hell yeah!!!
Looks like we have a whole crew here ready to start the new year clean and sober and strong and willing. I agree with a lot of the posters here that 2010 was a pretty crappy year and I had my share of binges, but at the same I time, I hit the 30 day mark (and almost 90 once) more than I ever had in my life. Looks like our sobriety locomotive is running full steam ahead into the new year and we're just barely on the 2nd day of it.
Right on everyone!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hello all! Day 2 is fine - of course, its 7F outside, no stores for a few miles and I'm not giong anywhere to buy anything! My downfall is at the end of a work day. Programmed to complete the work day with a drink. Even on stress free days! But one day at a time - it is much easier this time than last. Getting it to stick...ah, life is always full of challenges! Does anyone else have the habit of constantly drinking tea/coffee/soda etc? its as though I was born with an urge to constantly use my mouth - used to be food, then cigs, then booze. Free-associating. Glad to see everyone here and have the support
Old 01-02-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm alcohol free in 2011. Last alcoholic drink was on 12/30/2010.

I've joined so many of these classes, but always feel I can use more support/friends.

I use SMART Recovery and plan to continue that route in 2011.

Drinking really is not the answer to anything. It fact, it royally screws things up for me. I can use more friends here so look forward to knowing you all in the Jan. 2011 thread!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:14 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

How's everyone doing today? It's evening here, around the time I'd normally pour myself some wine. Not going to do that tonight, though. Tomorrow I will wake up remembering the WHOLE night...I will feel refreshed...I won't be dehydrated...and I'll be happier then this morning.

I wish you all that same feeling tomorrow morning! Keep at it, class! xoxo
Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back to you both TJ and DG.

D
Old 01-02-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good to see everyone sounding positive about recovery.

Welcome back, DG!

Watson, if you're programmed to end the work day with a drink, try shaking up your routine. That helped me so much in the early days. Instead of heading for a drink after work, plan to do something else like going to a gym, whatever works for you.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:48 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi All...It's a new year for me as well so count me in to the 1/11 class
Old 01-02-2011, 05:02 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Avenger of my liver

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
It's good to see everyone sounding positive about recovery.

Welcome back, DG!

Watson, if you're programmed to end the work day with a drink, try shaking up your routine. That helped me so much in the early days. Instead of heading for a drink after work, plan to do something else like going to a gym, whatever works for you.
This^^. Keep in mind, getting to the gym the first day is probably the hardest part. Once you get there and start a workout/routine, then you'll find yourself wanting to do it and almost anticipating it at the end of the day. As you progress, you'll find that that progression is a powerful motivator in and of itself.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

lovely post catfisher.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I find that one of the reasons I've drank is that I don't like the company of people. I wonder if it's the type of people I've been keeping company with, or if I just really don't like humans?? What if I can't be around people without drinking? Am I destined to be alone?
Old 01-02-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
I find that one of the reasons I've drank is that I don't like the company of people. I wonder if it's the type of people I've been keeping company with, or if I just really don't like humans?? What if I can't be around people without drinking? Am I destined to be alone?
I feel the same way. I have always had problems with my father's side of the family and just thinking about going there without having a drink before, during or after brings on insane anxiety.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I get sooooo bored by the people I've hung out with. Although, to be honest, I'm talking about men. I find that I don't want them to be physically near to me unless I've had a few in me. And they aren't necessarily bad people...I just don't want to. Or I get annoyed by them.