Notices

Hi...

Old 12-27-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi...

Just an intro, I guess that's what you do..
My name is Liz. I'm 19, been doing drugs since I was 12. Cleaned up (forced inpatient) from an oxy addiction at 16, and mostly maintained since..until this Fall. I'm relapsing hard, and in a bad place tonight. That's why I found this place, just looking for some support...I'm feeling really alone, especially since this is all a secret...
Old 12-27-2010, 04:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Liz, it's nice to meet you.

You're definitely not alone and I hope that you can find the support you're looking for here!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll find a lot of support here Liz - welcome

D
Old 12-27-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Take a look at our substance abuse forum for lots of insight from people who understand your situation.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

You'll find a lot of support here.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HI Liz. Welcome. You'll find a lot of support here. Least posted a good link for you.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcomes and the link =)
Old 12-27-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Yeah... I remember the "weight" of having the same secret.....knowing that what I was doing was bad for me but not really doing anything ABOUT it.

Sharing, telling the truth, getting that stuff out in the open helped...a lot....especially at first. Knowing that I wasn't alone helped too. Working a proactive recovery program really made all the difference though. That's what gave me the tools I needed to keep from continuing down that "wrong path" and got me started down the right one.

All my best to you, Liz.

Maybe it's time to seek out NA in your area?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
Maybe it's time to seek out NA in your area?
Good idea. Nothing like live AA or NA meetings in your area. I think anyone is fooling themself it they think they can make it solely on Internet support. Online support makes for good supplement support, and that's if you can stay clear of the needless controversial banter that may go on and not get sucked in to some mental masturbation that goes on. I am not here to impress anyone nor be impressed, give advice nor seek it. If I seek advice, I am probably seeking an accomplice.

I can only really share my own past experiences. My past mistakes are my biggest assets.

The best thing I ever heard at my first meeting when I returned to AA in 1987, was where there was another meeting the next day. I don't really count the meetings I went to much between 1984 and 1985, because I wasn't much but an unteachable arrogant SOB back then. Now I'm just an arrogant SOB who is teachable. Well, I'm not arrogant all the time. I just like to have fun in my sobriety with others who have learned how to laugh at themselves. And to let some others know they, too, can learn how to laugh at what's going on in their lives too.

Some times, some of us need to go to rehab due to drugs. I did twice. I had long term heroin IV use. But if someone can get through the physical withdrawals without it, I would strongly suggest meeting attendance, getting a temp sponsor and staying close to the program. Sitting at a PC alone just ain't gonna do it.

One has got to want it that BAD and DO the things others did to get their sobriety. It's all a matter of how bad does someone really 'want it'. My best to the poster who initiated this post.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Liz - I'm glad you shared with us. My drinking was all about keeping secrets (and suffering in silence) too. You're not alone and people here understand what you're going through.

The scariest part is telling others, I know (and even harder when you're not doing well). But now is the time when you need help the most. You have the disease of addiction and sometimes it takes more than one "quit."

I'm sending some prayers and hugs - hang in there and keep posting.:ghug3