Notices

Loading up on liquids for the holiday

Old 12-24-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Loading up on liquids for the holiday

Just got back from the grocery store and bought crap loads of drinks for myself:

3 bottles of Pellegrino (chilled w/lemon)
4 Red bulls
1 Venti Starbux

This is what I will drink to stay sober for today.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Love,
IMATRYINHARD
Old 12-24-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Woot woot! I don't know what Pellegrino is, but it sounds interesting. Nice job.

PS...so your not planning on sleeping for a few days then?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ghostly View Post
Woot woot! I don't know what Pellegrino is, but it sounds interesting. Nice job.

PS...so your not planning on sleeping for a few days then?
I didnt think that through!

I should have opened this thread to WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE DRINKING THIS CHRISTMAS??? So what are you going to drink!?

xo
Old 12-24-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good stuff Ima. I have lets see my arsenal of tap water.....never run out...haha. Also, juices, ginger ale and perhaps a coke zero I will splurge on tomorrow.

Red bull should keep you bouncing around....hehe.

All the best!
Old 12-24-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Mom always keeps those little cans of coke in her fridge so I'll be drinking coke.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes....I do drink a lot...
ice tea is always beside me

Merry Christmas to you and yours
Old 12-24-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ghostly this may be another weird sounding one but my drink for tonight is "Zywiec Zdroj"...it's sparkiling water from Poland.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah - ghostly, Pelligrino is refreshing sparkling water. It has been my number one drink of choice since getting sober.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awakening...

I'm drinking very expensive tea and Perrier water. Actually I was drinking heavily (tea) and had a huge buzz, (from caffeine.)
Good thing I didn't say that when the sponsor called! LOL! That could've sounded very bad.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Funny this would come up and WakeUp would post that.

I was in the mall yesterday... they have a new store... Teavana... (Tea + Nirvana.... I guess... )I was waiting on someone so I went in and explored... I dig tea... so they had a nice warm sample pot of Dan Cong Oolong tea, which was awesome and I had to have some... though I wasn't planning to buy anything... and, of course, it was the most expensive... 25 dollars for two ounces, the minimum purchase... But hey, It's christmas and I was in the mood for something special...

It is sublime, very special... Just the aroma of the leaves is memorable.... My brother, also recovered, is a tea drinker, so... when he comes to visit we will have a nice pot of this wonderful Oolong!!

That and some Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider and way too much Diet Coke

Mark
Old 12-24-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't know a thing about living sober, hoping to learn, this is kinda ground zero for me (and what an f'd up time of the year to come to this realization)..

Anyway for what it's worth, if I'm not drinking I really enjoy juice - V8 is probably my favorite, also like grapefruit.

Too much caffeine gets me wound up and then I feel like I need something to relax.

John
Old 12-24-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome JNS, stick around... post often and drink your V8... you'll do fine
Old 12-24-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

First Christmas sober for me!! gotta say it's weird stocking up on coke,gingerale when before it was wine,champaigne,beer.....its really freeing though!!!
Old 12-25-2010, 02:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Mostly water, some soda, and Wassail - in that order.

I had the best Wassail last night and my cousin made sure to say, "I'm going to grab some of that non-alcoholic Wassail." I really appreciated the way he did that, he knew I would likely want some but didn't make a big deal about letting me know it didn't have alcohol it in so I take part in its awesomeness.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My mother bought a special bottle of red grape juice mulled with spices which we're going to drink with Christmas lunch. In fact, my mum, dad and sister who are eating with me have all said they would prefer not to drink today so I'm going to be in sober company for Christmas day and boxing day. How great is that? I feel for people who are in groups where other people will apply pressure on them to drink. If you're in that situation, let me know and I'll say an extra prayer for you later.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Coffee: regular, decaf....hot apple cider. .. and then more coffee
Old 12-25-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm sure I'm not the only one who read your title and though 'Oh no!'

I'm keeping it simple over the holiday - plenty of ordinary tea during the day, soda water and fresh OJ or sparkling grape juice with the evening meal and a relaxing herbal tea before bed. It's working fine so far!
Old 12-25-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark75 View Post
Funny this would come up and WakeUp would post that.

I was in the mall yesterday... they have a new store... Teavana... (Tea + Nirvana.... I guess... )I was waiting on someone so I went in and explored... I dig tea... so they had a nice warm sample pot of Dan Cong Oolong tea, which was awesome and I had to have some... though I wasn't planning to buy anything... and, of course, it was the most expensive... 25 dollars for two ounces, the minimum purchase... But hey, It's christmas and I was in the mood for something special...

It is sublime, very special... Just the aroma of the leaves is memorable.... My brother, also recovered, is a tea drinker, so... when he comes to visit we will have a nice pot of this wonderful Oolong!!

That and some Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider and way too much Diet Coke

Mark
I love teavana! When I first attempted back in Jan to get sober I became obsessed haha and have a big collection of their teas now.. Im now on day 9 and have been drinking tons of tea!
Old 12-25-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Being my first sober xmas since I was 14 I have diet pepsi, tea, water, and red bull. Very different from my usual 2 30packs of beer.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Being my first sober xmas since I was 14 I have diet pepsi, tea, water, and red bull. Very different from my usual 2 30packs of beer.
This is my first sober Christmas in a decade. I still can't image how lil ol me could drink so damn much. My sister and I would each buy our own 30 pack when we went river rafting (since you mention 30 pack) - mind numbing. We needed a mini raft to tow our boxes of beer behind our primary raft. Not sure why I am mentioning summer on Christmas. I think I am trying to purge my "war" stories so I can move on and not mention them again some day.

Hope youre having a great day!