A Sober Beginning on the Darkest Day

Old 12-21-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR DD - it's great to have you with us
D
Old 12-21-2010, 02:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad you're in such a positive state of mind. Long may it continue. Sounds like an amazing opportunity for a new start, both for you and for your wife. Let's all recover together.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 2 ended with a cancer diagnosis in my immediate family. Luckily in my current frame of mind it made me want alcohol even less, because I know if I get back into it, I won't be there for her like I need to be, and that would be unacceptable.

I finally got some sober sleep, and even though it was only about 4 hours of off & on, I feel pretty good - way more energy than coming off 8 hours of drunk sleep. I kept falling asleep warm and cozy, then waking up freezing and sweaty. Hopefully the night sweats and restlessness will end soon. When I've quit before, it has usually taken me about a week to get back into a normal sleep pattern.

Today's diet will be fresh raw fruits and veggies for maximum nutrition delivered, minimum energy required for digestion. I'll probably have some brown rice too for vit B content, maybe a quorn patty. Plus as much activity/movement as possible to get the lymphatic system working, removing the toxins that are going to be getting flushed out. And lots of hydration.

Quorn patties are made from mycoprotein, and have pretty much the highest thiamine content of any food. Thiamine (B1) is one of the primary vitamins depleted by alcohol consumption.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Darkest, I am sorry to hear of the scary cancer news, but so proud of your attitude to face everything sober. To be 100% present for people who need you. What a gift.

Well done, your nutrition plans sound great! I had a nutrition plan (banana in my purse) until I walked into the office and saw Krispy Kreme holiday donuts on the counter. It was either a challenge from the universe or a gift and I decided it was a gift ;-) i have enough challenges right now thank you.

Hugs
Soph
Old 12-22-2010, 01:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome, and keep coming back.