Notices

When u drink

Old 12-18-2010, 06:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am 5'5 female and would be enraged when my boyfriend would only buy a 24 pack of beer. I'd tell him WE CANT SHARE ONLY A 24 pack! I was soooo protective over my alcohol. And I would open each can up and drink one by one until I passed out. I drank so fast no one in my household could keep with the purchasing of wine, beer, vodka - so when they knew they were having guests over they'd have to hide the liquor from me so I didn't devour it before the day the guest arrived.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

I would also drink everything in the house AFTER my hidden stash was consumed.

And I used to be afraid of earthquakes. Not because of the danger but because an earthquake would probably rattle my bottles that would then expose my hiding spots. There hasnt been an earthquake here in 30 years LOL.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I had 'emergency' bottles of wine but they never lasted as running out of wine was always an emergency. And I was drinking at home alone so I wouldn't be driving... but would drive to get more wine...

So glad I don't have to do that anymore.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
One moment at a time.

I remember a time when I was staying at my mothers place.. I believe I was on leave from the military for a week or so... She had bought me a 12 pack of Rolling Rock I believe and I got my standard bottle of whiskey or vodka... I had drank the beer she got me and most of the my bottle and most of the beer that she had for her self.. she probably had about a case. The next day there was maybe 6 beers and and 1/4 of the bottle left.. I drank all that by the time she went to sleep for the night. and I was like damn, there isn't anything left.. I wasn't about to walk all the way across town to the liquor store and I didn't really have much money for the bar.. That is when I noticed it... 2 bottles of wine on a wine holder that she used as decoration.. she would have never drank those bottles... Ohhh but I did!!!! She wasn't too happy with me lol..

I remember another time while home on leave visiting.. I had drank everything dry in the house again and all that I could find that was left was margarita mixer some fruit juice stuff with tequila in it.. it was about 17% alcohol or something like that and tasted just like fruit punch I would feed to my nieces and nephews.. it was about a gallon or more.. yup I drank that sooooo fast that it almost lead me to an instant blackout.. I really only remember drinking 3 maybe 4 cups of it and the night was beyond my recollection..

So simply to answer your question yes I would drink up everything in the house.. Everything except for household items like mouth wash or rubbing alcohol or anything like that... But yes anything that can be bought in a liquor store I would drink until it was gone.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow, I just realized that I did hide bottles a few times towards the end. I had a roommate so I wouldn't drink all the alcohol, I always made sure there was some. If I finished it I would buy the same and replace it so it looked like I didn't touch it.

When she would be gone for a few days I would finish everything and buy a lot of additional alcohol- even all her alcohol, then go to the store and replace it so it looked like I hadn't drank at all.

Not sure how I didn't realize that before, but I think it's because I didn't drink every day. Although, I did use drugs when I didn't drink. Not a day went by when I didn't use something...Even though I knew to hide it from people I never thought I was an addict... Oh denial.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I'm trying to try.

Well actually, I made sure I always had something in my room. For me, not having any liquor in my possession (and even sometimes just the thought of not having any) gave me anxiety attacks, so I had a special stash that I wasn’t allowed to touch unless I’d exhausted all other options, including stealing. And since I could easily steal my roommates’ booze, my boyfriend's beer or my dad’s old scotch, I’d never have to touch my special stash. Plus I’d try my best to make sure enough of my regular stash was around. Heck, I’d steal other people’s booze even though there was a full handle of vodka in my closet because I always felt like I was running out or didn’t have enough.
And I’d also stash beer in the trunk of my car which is pretty far away from my apartment. That way, I’d have to walk a long way and only carry back the amount that can fit in my bag. So, I guess I didn’t drink the place dry once I started…but that’s kinda irrelevant for me.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh, definitely

I could not leave a bottle once I picked it up. Well, unless I hid it somewhere, passed out and went looking for it later.
The worst thing was finding a bottle I had forgotten about months later and being completely triggered.
This time I''ve asked my partner to go through the house and quietly dispose of anything. He's pretty much figured out all my hiding spots by now.