Notices

Christmas Party Season...

Old 12-17-2010, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Christmas Party Season...

So, I have not had a drink for 3-4 months (I never did take note of the actual day, but it was around August), and for the first time in all this time I went to a bar (a Christmas party) and stayed there for 3 hours without drinking anything more than tonic water.

I thought I might cave in and have a beer, but I was able to stick to soft drinks.

And I almost didn't go there that night, but thought that I should probably get out of the house and socialize, even if it was risky...

Anyway, no damage done!

Old 12-17-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go Garp! I'm happy you were able to join the festivities and stay sober. Well done!

Best Wishes to You!

Old 12-17-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Garp - CONGRATS on 3-4 months sober! I am only on day # 15, but hope to be where you are in a few months.

And good for you for getting out to socialize and not giving in to the booze! So many parties this time of year - seems like they are everywhere!

I must say - it's so nice to socialize and actually listen to what people are saying instead of worrying about where the waitress is and how quick my next drink will arrive.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

and actually listen to what people are saying instead of worrying about where the waitress is and how quick my next drink will arrive.
HA! You hit that nail on the head, Better! Isn't that the truth! There is some stress to that too! Where IS that waitress!!!!!!! lol....

WTG Garp. It's not easy but you stayed true to yourself. Nice.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just wondering did anyone know you were just drinking tonic? Did they try to buy you a drink?
Old 12-17-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Nice job!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Garp - congratulations on your sober time - I'm glad you're doing so well

D
Old 12-17-2010, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bochuck View Post
Just wondering did anyone know you were just drinking tonic? Did they try to buy you a drink?
No one asked... it may have looked like a mixed drink anyway (gin and tonic, etc)... and I didn't stand out at all.

I have been out before with NO DRINK in front of me, and have had beer more or less imposed on me (the last time I drank, 3-4 months ago)... but I found that while I was sitting there with A DRINK in front of me, no one offered me a drink...

So, there is a good tip... just have a glass of soft drink in front of you, and others won't bat an eyelid...