Notices

WineDiva Recovery Diary

Old 12-07-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

WineDiva Recovery Diary

After 3 bottles of wine yesterday (lasted 10 hours as I started drinking at noon), I am done. I actually don't have a hangover and that scares me. Apparently I can just drink and drink and drink. Weeeee.

Today is my first day on my journey to sobriety. I am tired of being tired, I am sick of hiding my very obvious addiction. I feel awful that my husband and kids know I am a drunk and they can't do anything. Today, I will become a more attentive mom, loving wife and active participant in my life.

Slept fine, got up at 4:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. I have some mild anxiety which is normal. I am going to have a bath with my lavender salts, some tea and go back to bed.

Today I am grateful that I have the internet to connect with the soberrecovery group. I will post everyday on my progress as many of your posts have been inspiring for me. Thank you.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Welcome! Is there a plan of action for when the cravings hit? Is your husband on board and supportive? I wish you the best!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome winediva
You'll find a lot of support here - glad you've joined the posting side of things

D
Old 12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome from a fellow recovering wine-o. Good luck and remember it gets easier!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well Done for taking the first step, things can only get better from now and remember we are all here with support! xx
Old 12-07-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Diva! I started out with beer as my drink of choice..then beer followed by a half gallon of wine. I didn't mess around..got hooked on the cheap Carlo Rossi Sangria! Nothing but the best! 6 bucks for a half gallon. I also could put away whiskey like there was no tomorrow..the way I was drinking..there shouldn't have been a tomorrow! BUT I did suffer hangovers. Anyway..finally got sick of being sick. Glad you joined us! You can spend hrs here reading posts..lots of alcoholism info to soak in. It is the BEST support site..lots of really good people here. Welcome!
Old 12-07-2010, 08:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome winediva - Congratulations on deciding to get off the alcohol. This is a great place to start your journey! If we can do it, you can too!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 2 for me and so far so good. Went to the gym this morning for some cardio core bootcamp. I thought I was going to die...I am so out of shape. Went home and picked up kid and went shopping for the day. Tonight, still doing great. Haven't thought about it. I am currently listening to Tony Robbins Lessons in Life Mastery. Today we are learning how to change our thinking patterns to change our destiny.

I can usually go up to a week before one of my triggers kicks me, so I am just one step in front of another. Gym, reading, gym, self help...prayer.

Hugs
Old 12-08-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lost In Translation

red wine is my home. comfort. drug of choice. i love the warm feeling. it's like home.
then i progressed to rum and coke an scotch.
Do you think it's a good idea to write down everything I consume?
Old 12-08-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think it is a good idea!